Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Odd Clicking Sound

I have a Husqvarna 750 Platnium. Now and then I notice a clicking sound (not the sound of the bobbin going round either), a little more heavy clicking sound while I'm stitching. I tried taking out the bobbin case and cleaning out under all that. I changed the needle, I am thinking now I might change the thread. At the moment I am using an 80/12 needle, I had a 90/14 in it but it was getting dull, so thought that was the problem.. I only have 80/12 needles on me right now until I head to the sewing shop next. Could the needle size be the problem?

As mentioned I'm about to change the brand of thread. I had on one of the Connecting Threads thread, but now I"m going to go back and try the Gutterman. Anyone have any further suggestions what could be happening here?

Have you oiled it lately?

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    it was oiled back in May. How often should I oil it?

I'm just afraid the sound might be something that could damage my machine.. I would be LOST without it!! I would have the nice friendly men in the white coats come to take me away to a nice padded room!

well well well.. I'm not amused... after changing the threads, it seems my machine is being picking and doesn't like the Connecting Threads thread. it clicks!!! I put the Gutterman thread in and its as smooth as butta!!!!! sigh.. and those threads were soooooooooooo economical compared to the gutterman. :( Well with all my connecting threads I can still use them on my little Featherweight.. She is not as picky!!!

My machine can be contrary some times!!!!

I guess my question now is, can using a thread that makes this clicky noise cause mechanical problems to your machine, or just give you an annoying clicky sound?

If you were sewing on batik or hand dyed fabrics those can cause a "clicking" sound if your thread is too thick.

It only cost me 120 mile round trip but no bucks to find out that little trick.

Of course, the tech still thinks I need stronger meds.

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    Sometimes if you have a dull needle or a little burr on your needle it makes a sort of clicking noise as the needles goes through the fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    it was oiled back in May. How often should I oil it?

My machines book says after 3 or 4 hrours of sewing. I dont do it quite that often but still fairly often.

I think with all the sewing you do Aggi that you should oil it more often.

Blog Entries
    I have a Husqvarna 415 Freesia. And I was told never to oil it because it was self oiling only have it seviced ounce a year. I have had this machine for 7 years now and no problems yet knock on wood.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast