Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: oh i need some advice and guidance with this!

I would make a number of borders varying each one and maybe putting in a narrow border every once in a while to calm things down.

Cool

[QUOTE=GoBragh;6176400]Just make sure whatever you do that the blocks you use will match within the size of the panel. Once I didn't check my panel size and I had already cut the fabric that I wanted to use and I had a heck of a time adjusting to the size of the panel. So now I always check the size of the panel and adjust my block size from there.

Good point! and remember, if you set the outside blocks on point the height/width measurement is bigger
    than if set "square". However, you can adjust the size of the panel by adding a strip around the outside of the panel before adding any additional squares. Just don't cut that strip until you know the total length of
    outer blocks. Hope that makes sense.

There was a wonderful baby quilt using a panel and 4-patch posies out of extra panels. You might try pinwheels or just several border out of your chosen colors.

My first thought would be to use 9" blocks since 45 & 36 are both divisible by 9. No comment on the colors as that is always my struggle. The panel is wonderful. Be sure to show us pictures when you are done.

I'm not sure which quilt pattern, however, I would add black and change the white to cream, it's almost too bright in my opinion. I would also add some grey, if possible, maybe eliminating the orange. There are just so many choices, I'm not sure if I have helped or confused you.

I'm thinking it should be surrounded by leaves. Think fall colors. The maple leaf block is nice.

the brown, burnt orange, gold and white POP for me....just an opinion...

I have use a pattern know as Prairie Window for panels of all sizes and they all came out great. Fast & easy too!
    Remember: To Hug and Say I Love You. This could be the last day of your life or the one of someone you love. We only have one shot at this life..........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3