Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: oh my basting.

well I just learned the wonderful nature of spray basking my quilts. It was wonderful not to have to pin and pin and pin and I had less problems with puckering than normal. my only boo boo was not making sure the backing was sprayed down compleatly flat. and "taunt". fixed it on the next one though. two quilts down and all the rest I make to go. hehe. I love what I have learned on here. First how to "iron/press" my fabric and then starch and now spray basting. Heard for a long time about it but just found a can at wally world to use. And let me tell you I am now in love with it.
    What do you guys think is the best way to spray bast? on the floor or on a wall? just wondering for next time.

I love to spray baste too. I just got 2 plastic table cloths to tape down to my dining room table & that is where I spray my quilts.

I am glad you asked that question b/c I was considering spray basting but I don't have a design wall. Plastic table cloth on dining table sounds like a good alternative.

I just tried spray basting for the first time and I love it.

It's funny how much we learn and how much info we get from this board. It's wonderful.

JJC
    Quote Originally Posted by sahm4605
    well I just learned the wonderful nature of spray basking my quilts. It was wonderful not to have to pin and pin and pin and I had less problems with puckering than normal. my only boo boo was not making sure the backing was sprayed down compleatly flat. and "taunt". fixed it on the next one though. two quilts down and all the rest I make to go. hehe. I love what I have learned on here. First how to "iron/press" my fabric and then starch and now spray basting. Heard for a long time about it but just found a can at wally world to use. And let me tell you I am now in love with it.
    What do you guys think is the best way to spray bast? on the floor or on a wall? just wondering for next time.

Sure sounds like the way to go. What is the product called, is it just called spray basting or ? I have a baby quilt that is soon ready for the basting, just need to purchase the batting for it.

Thank-you.

I bought the June Tailor basting spray at Walmart. It works well. There is one called 505 that some like. JoAnn's and Hancocks and other QS should have basting spray.

I cover the basement carpet with an old sheet and lay the quilt down and spray baste it there.

JJC
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaiQuilter
    I cover the basement carpet with an old sheet and lay the quilt down and spray baste it there.
    Just wondering, do you sandwhich the quilt first and then spray baste or spray baste before you sandwhich the quilt?

Thanks

You spray the layers as you make the sandwich. I think. That is what I did.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast