Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oh my gosh I am so dumb >

Oh my gosh I am so dumb

Oh my gosh I am so dumb

Old 01-14-2011, 10:25 AM

I think one reason why I have been putting off finishing my Slipknot t-shirt quilt is because I want to work on something new. I made it my New Year's resolution to finish the ones I have had in mind for the last couple of years. They were both inspired by the video game Legend of Zelda---one is a replica of the sea map you use in the game and the other is a series of wall hangings based off the stained glass windows in the room where you get the Master Sword.

There's not any good pictures of what I need to make a pattern from so I bought this video capture card that I can plug the Game Cube's video cords into, the image of the game play will come up on my computer screen, and then I can make a video and use Print Screen to make screen shots of what I want so I can make patterns. The problem with that is I would have to start a new game and play through that until I completed the map and got to the room with the sword. So like a good 50-75% of the game. So I've been putting that off because I don't want to sit down and try and play through the game.

I finally get myself to set up the Game Cube and start the game. I go to start a new game...I can't. Why? The three save files the game gives you were full. Turns out I did have saved games afterall. I thought I didn't. I go on one of the files and find most of the sea map is completed and I have the Master Sword and its fully powered so I have access to the room with the windows (it gets sealed off until you complete the sword). Basically I've been sitting on this for two weeks thinking I needed to sit down for 12 hours total before I could start making patterns and I've had the means to do so from the start.

So I guess I can start getting screenshots and show better pictures of what I want to make.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:39 AM

Well, saves you some time!!!

I'm sure that it would have been fun to play the game again, it would have been a good excuse!
Old 01-14-2011, 11:43 AM

Six or so islands are missing from the map so I'll have to play it anyways.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:17 PM

Have fun!!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:32 PM

Hve fun...looking forward to the pics.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by AgapeStitches
Hve fun...looking forward to the pics.
I have one picture to show.

Impa the Shadow Sage
[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...GEOFSHADOW.png[/IMG]

Its going to take a while to get more pictures up. If you look at the above picture the sides of the window slant inward so its going to need some skewing and sizing to get the sides to be straight and not have the image look weird.

And the game developers thought it would be a great idea to place a support post in front of every other window and obscure the view. Long story short, I was able to get a view of those window by standing on the ledge on the post...in sections. Unlike the window above, I am not able to view the whole window in first person view and had to view the top of the window through the in-game camera. So when I make screen shots I'll have to piece together half of my windows as well as having to skew and resize them so they look right.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:36 PM

Great, you have a challenge before you...arise and conquer!