Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OH MY -- I have UFOs!!!

Thought I'd just share this with you all.

I've been quilting about a year now.........was smug thinking I didn't have many quilts/wall hangings that were unfinished. WELL, DGD is here this week and commented on a quilt in the LQS. I said I'd made one and would show it to her. I started digging in my sewing room!!!! OM, I have 4 quilt UFOs, 5 wallhangings and one tablerunner!! She, being the smartaxx teenager, said..."Grandma, don't you EVER finish anything?"...........sigh :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Hi,

Wow, so are you busy finishing your UFO's now. That was cute from the teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Thought I'd just share this with you all.

I've been quilting about a year now.........was smug thinking I didn't have many quilts/wall hangings that were unfinished. WELL, DGD is here this week and commented on a quilt in the LQS. I said I'd made one and would show it to her. I started digging in my sewing room!!!! OM, I have 4 quilt UFOs, 5 wallhangings and one tablerunner!! She, being the smartaxx teenager, said..."Grandma, don't you EVER finish anything?"...........sigh :mrgreen:

Teach her to quilt, then she'll understand. tee hee

LOL, wait til you have been quilting 20+ years :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    Teach her to quilt, then she'll understand. tee hee
    Great idea.

My UFO's, LIW's, and WIP's could fill a small room. I've got at least 8 UFO's, 32 LIW's, and 7 WIP's but I have actually finished a couple.

Actually, the first part of this week, I asked if she wanted to sew. She said "no, I don't like it". WELL, I MADE her help with a pillowcase yesterday. She did 1/2 the 2nd pillowcase and did the 3rd one on her own! She wants to do 2-3 more today!!! She said it was more fun than watching tv!!!! LOL I'll post a pic when we're done.

Actually, the first part of this week, I asked if she wanted to sew. She said "no, I don't like it". WELL, I MADE her help with a pillowcase yesterday. She did 1/2 the 2nd pillowcase and did the 3rd one on her own! She wants to do 2-3 more today!!! She said it was more fun than watching tv!!!! LOL I'll post a pic when we're done.
    Great job! She will be a quilter yet.

Tell her that now that she likes sewing, she can finish your UFOs :D

I always finished a quilt before starting another. About a year ago everything changed. I don't know why, but I have a lot of UFOs. I'll finish them someday. I hope. :lol: :lol:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast