Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oh my! >

Oh my!

Oh my!

Old 02-04-2016, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

My Brother SQ9000 has a cutter. I have never used it. Is there a reason you are not wanting to use scissors?
Old 02-04-2016, 07:46 AM

I have a Janome 6600 and a Janome 3160QDC that both have thread cutters, they both leave around 1/4" tails on the back.

I don't use it when I'm quilting, so I can have longer tails. But for the most part, I LOVE that little button! I bought my 3160 specifically because I wanted my portable machine to have that button too. I do a lot of foundation-pieced crazy quilts and that button is VERY handy for that task.

I don't hold my tails after using the thread cutter, it's not necessary on either of my machines. Janome did a good job making sure you could just start sewing again after using it.

I have several vintage machines I use too so sometimes my habits get mixed up and I'll start trying to find the scissor cut button on the old machines, or start trying to find tails to grab on the newer machines. Then if I use my old Kenmore that has a handwheel that goes the opposite direction I get REALLY mixed up!
Old 02-07-2016, 11:05 PM

I don't know. I'd check with the dealer.