Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Oh thank goodness (design process)

OK, so I delivered a quilt I made this week & got orders for a couple more. We've been talking back and forth about what she might want for her son's wedding quilt, she thought double wedding ring, I shared some pics of some I liked for input. Got a link today to one she saw online...not DWR...oh no. Horrid! Scary! Not even sewn right! Very umm, old... this is for a couple in their 20s. I know her in person, got frank with her about how I think we're going in 2 different directions. Oh thank goodness she's willing to let me go modern with this, only using the very faint layout option from the first one. I was sweating all afternoon that I was going to have to sew a monstrosity :lol: She likes what I sketched in the last msg, I'm almost looking forward to the project. If I had to make the original I was going to quadruple my price, lol...

Just had to vent & can't do it on my blog because I gave it to her for a reference :roll:

Good Luck.
    I'm sure the end product will be wonderful.
    Judy

I guess this is a problem many professional quilters have. Must be difficult to try and sway some clients to a more workable solution, so 10 points for diplomacy and persuasion. Hope you share it with us (picture addict here) and I am sure the recipients will appreciate your design input (even though they may never know the full story!).