Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oh what have I done! >

Oh what have I done!

Oh what have I done!

Old 01-27-2015, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

I want to make one of her quilts too. A shop about 2 hours away will have a Judy Niemeyer certified instructor very soon on staff. I can't wait to take a class.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:13 AM

Nancy's Notions has the pattern and the strips in her latest catalogue!
Old 01-28-2015, 05:29 AM

KellyPete, several friends and I are going to make this quilt this year too. It's going to take a L O N G time and it is costly. The pattern tells you how many Bali Pops and/or strips you need based on the size quilt. Check page 17 (I think) for the numbers. Several of us are doing our own fabric choices and others have purchased the Bali Pops and then substituted other fabrics. The Pops are much more colorful then the package appears. Nice variety of fabrics and color. The important thing seems to be "8 colors - light to dark".

Take the time to plan and do follow her organization plan -- you'll be so glad you did. I wish you the very best on this, the end result will be spectacular.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:32 AM

I got this quilt as a kit for Christmas. On her website there are videos showing how to seperate your fabrics for the rings, how to use the templates and line up the fabrics for paper piecing. I am starting mine as soon as I finish the GIMQ from Bonnie Hunter. I figure about two weeks. I want to get started on it really bad. I got mine from Keepsake Quilting. I started giving DH the catalog when it came in last year around May telling him that is what I want for Christmas. He got the message��
Old 01-29-2015, 10:43 AM

eWhen you get the pattern, it is pretty intimedating *(spelling), but if you take it one section at a time, after you have read the entire pattern, it is not all that difficult. Good luck with it and have loads of fun
Old 01-29-2015, 12:17 PM

I am so excited!! Keep in mind that I live in a village. Not a city, not even a town but a village. We actually have a quilt shop right in town and get this...she is having a three session class on making this quilt in late March early April on Saturday mornings! You can bet your last dollar stopping by with my $50 for class registration and signing up for it. Just being able to attend the class already makes this less daunting!
Old 01-29-2015, 12:54 PM

Fantastic news!!!! Judy has a lots of info on her website and utube videos. However, taking a class is really where you will learn the most. I too will be doing another one of her quilts in April. This time it is the Glacier Star Pattern. Just in the process of ordering the fabric today!! I discovered the secret to Judy's quilts is ORGANIZATION!!!! The pattern instructions are very specific for organizing....you will want to follow the directions to a "T". Having an instructor will be best for helping to clarify all the problems you may encounter. Good Luck, have fun.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:42 AM

Get started as soon as you can and set yourself goals. How much can you do in a week? A month? Believe me...getting it done and put together is just HALF of it...getting some one to quilt it is the other half. I had the quilter do the binding too because it was scalloped. My double wedding ring pattern was old and everyone in my guild kept telling me I couldn't do it....which only fueled my fire TO do it! I did it in 2 complimentary shades of blue and tiny multi-colored flowers with off-white muslin as the backing and it could NOT have turned out more beautiful. My niece loved, loved, loved it and so did her friends who also wanted one. I said uh-huh! Only blood-kin gets one of those! :0) Good luck to ya...you can do it!