Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oh What An Idea!

Oh What An Idea!

I'm listening to a song by "The Turtles". All of a sudden it popped into my head that it would be an adorable wall hanging (if I had the talent) do applique actual turtles playing guitars, and drums etc. I can see it in my mind, but I do not know if it will ever be. Just a thought.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

Life is 10 percent what happens to you, and 90 percent what you do about it. - Steve Harvey

Sounds like a great Guild Challenge Quilt. The challenge could be to make a wall hanging for a song.

Many years ago I saw one done like that with frogs. The instruments were done with a gold lame' fabric. It was the cutest thing! I stood there a long time staring at it.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

That would be a fun challenge for sure! ( I love appliqué) Quite a few years back I made a baby quilt with mice playing instruments, here is a link to the fabric, only mine was with a black background. http://www.quiltcottonfabric.com/cot...ander-henry-2/

Blog Entries
    here's an image search that may give you some more ideas. if the image you like is not copyright, you could make your own applique from it.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=imag...w=1126&bih=828
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

If you do machine embroidery, you might find similar images available online. I found two here https://www.embroiderydesigns.com/pr...E1790_006.aspx but I'm sure there are others out there.
    As much as I hate it, my seam ripper is my best friend.

I'm just pleased to "know" another Turtles fan.
    Ageing is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been............David Bowie

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    oh--do that wallhanging--then we'd all be "so happy together!" LOL

That would be a wonderful wall hanging, especially for those of us who remember The Turtles.

Thanks for all the neat ideas everyone! I will make some notes and try to find drawings online. It may be a while coming. I have found a few UFO's I'd forgotten, but you sure have given me a starting point.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

Life is 10 percent what happens to you, and 90 percent what you do about it. - Steve Harvey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast