Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohhhh noooo. Why UFOs happen

I think your plan b will be fine...then chalk it up to a lesson learned.......
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Blog Entries
    Well you couldn't wait to get back to sewing, but like I said it would be in the trash if it were me! You do have alternatives and I really like the colors in it! It will look nice anyway.

Learn from my misfortune: fix the three. It'll be beautiful anyway, even if it isn't what you originally intended.

One of my UFOs is stuffed in the closet because I tried to fix every block. Yeah, that's never happening...

Am glad to know you came through the storm safe and sound! I'd say change the three, and say it is creative license to do it that way! Who will know besides you-???
    Perhaps later, you can do the pattern again in different colors/fabrics and see how it turns out~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

cjr
    i think it looks ok. Only a quilter with a negative attitude (quilt police)would comment adversly. For what this is worth I belong to a scrappy group whose new motto is "Finished is better then perfect." That little bit of breathing room is wonderful.
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

Hi,

I couldn't let go of this, because I keep seeing a fix for it. I took the upper left corner of your picture, grabbed the middle column, and flipped the entire set of blocks 180 degrees. Outlined in red is the section I flipped. Imagine you had these 4 blocks stitched together in your original orientation (as a vertical column). Now, grab the whole thing and turn it top to bottom - this is the result. Do it on every second column and you have a woven pattern.

Name:  image3.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  113.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Just do the three. Five years from now, you won't remember the "mistake." Glad to hear you have power again.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I wouldn't worry about any of it. I was glad to see the picture where you circled the and arrowhead the blocks that were wrong. I just couldn't see it! Plus, it Ppears as thought those seams will show up on the front, which interrupts the woven look anyway.

Blog Entries
    Will they match if you turn them upside down?

Quote Originally Posted by newestnana View Post
    Good thought...I will keep trying. But I think if I do that the paisley (lighter pink) and floral (darker pink) rows wont line up. Thanks for the suggestion.

Been there done that, it looks fine this way. But as you said it changed your pattern finished look, who will know but you.
    I like it, the colors are nice also.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast