Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Ohio State University quilt pattern

  1. #1
    Super Member Buckeye Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monroe, IN
    Posts
    1,987
    I am looking for a pattern to make an OSU quilt. I saw a great quilt, but no pattern. Any suggestions ladies? All I can find are small lap quilts or wall hangings. I need something I can make into queen/king size.

  2. #2
    Senior Member qbquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    800
    Some one recently did a college quilt (it might have even been OSU). If I remember correctly, they did some sort of center panel (may have been pre-printed) and then used some sort of traditional quilt block around it to get it to the size needed.

  3. #3
    Senior Member qbquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    800
    googling found me ...

    http://quiltfriendsforever.blogspot....ate-quilt.html

    You could probably draft something similar - it looks like log cabin blocks in the O shape.

    This post has some examples that you could probably easily draft:

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-133114-1.htm

  4. #4
    Super Member Buckeye Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monroe, IN
    Posts
    1,987
    Quote Originally Posted by qbquilts
    googling found me ...

    http://quiltfriendsforever.blogspot....ate-quilt.html

    You could probably draft something similar - it looks like log cabin blocks in the O shape.

    This post has some examples that you could probably easily draft:

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-133114-1.htm

    The first link is a great quilt, but don't see how to get a pattern

  5. #5
    Senior Member TrenbeathRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
    I am looking for a pattern to make an OSU quilt. I saw a great quilt, but no pattern. Any suggestions ladies? All I can find are small lap quilts or wall hangings. I need something I can make into queen/king size.
    Try this http://www.creativequiltkits.com/ohi...d-designs.html

  6. #6
    Senior Member qbquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
    Quote Originally Posted by qbquilts
    googling found me ...

    http://quiltfriendsforever.blogspot....ate-quilt.html

    You could probably draft something similar - it looks like log cabin blocks in the O shape.

    This post has some examples that you could probably easily draft:

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-133114-1.htm

    The first link is a great quilt, but don't see how to get a pattern

    I'll give you measurements for using a 12" log cabin, but you could change them. Google for directions to make a 12" log cabin.
    Make 6 all red log cabins. Make 4 half red/half white log cabins. Sew together 2 sets of the half-all red-half log cabins to make the top and bottom of the O (make sure the white corners point out correctly). Sew the all red log cabins together to make 2 pairs. Cut a background piece of fabric 24 1/2" x 12 1/2" (width by twice the length of the log cabins). Snowball the corners using a 3" square. (this size could vary depending on what look you like). Sew the all red log cabin pairs to either long side of the snowballed rectangle. Add the top and bottom of the O (make sure white corners point out correctly). Add a 2" white border, a 1" black border, a 5" gray border, another 1" black border, and an 8" red border. This makes a 70" x 82" quilt. Play with border sizes and/or adjust the log cabin block size to suit your needs.

  7. #7
    Super Member Buckeye Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monroe, IN
    Posts
    1,987
    Do you think if I increased the log cabin block size to a 15" square that it will still look ok? I think it will be easier to get to the queen size that way, without making it seem like I am adding borders just to make it bigger

  8. #8
    Senior Member qbquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    800
    yeah - you may need to adjust some border sizes and/or amount of borders to get the size you want. The length would be 15 inches longer than the width and the center (just the log cabin/rectangle blocks) would be 45" x 60". The borders I mentioned totaled 17" on each side - if you kept this the same, the quilt would be 79" x 94"

  9. #9
    Super Member Buckeye Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monroe, IN
    Posts
    1,987
    thanks much.....I have never done a log cabin, but doesn't look difficult....I may be screaming in ur ear if I need help! :lol: :thumbup: :lol:

  10. #10
    Senior Member angiecub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    510
    Here's my favorite team quilt. I'm working on a Cubs quilt like it now. HCarpanini has been very helpful with my questions...

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-125498-1.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.