Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: oiling a machine

When I had my old Kenmore (and I wish I still did) I used to clean and oil every moving part frequently. But then, the gears etc. were metal. Nowadays with these new machines most are plastic. I have a computerized Janome and I was told never to oil it. took it to the dealer last week, it was 1 1/2 yrs old and they cleaned it and put the oil in the parts that needed it. Runs like a charm once again. so check with your dealer. Marge

Please think wisely before oiling it if it's computerized and the video says not to oil it. You could ruin your machine. I have a Viking Husqvarna that I purchased when it was about 15 years old, I've had it now about 5 years and it has never been oiled. The lady I bought it from gave a good long lecture and told me to never oil it!

Norah
    I'm with you, I oil any spot that moves (except) the bobbin, I do oil the bobbin casing, that holds the bobbin. I've got 1 Brother that I've had 11 yrs, works great, and another Brother, computerized, thats almost 4 yrs old now. I oil it to. My newest Brother dosent't have alot of oil holes, but I take out the screws, take semi-apart and clean and oil about once every 2-3 mos. Depends on how much I've been sewing. My machines really hum along nicely.

what model of Brother do you have Rebecca, the non computerized one?

I have a older model and a CS 6000, yes computerized., I also have a industrial type Singer, that was given to me. I cleaned it and oiled it and it works well also. I contacted Singer for the book, which will cost me 15.00 for a copy. You know even Mercedes needs oil. I just can't imagen any motor that dosen't need oil.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3