Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Oiling Rotary blades??

I am probably the ancient member of this "tribe". Oiling is basically for the purpose cleaning and deterring rust and especially for items that are not used frequently.

For instance: At the end of the lawn keeping and gardening season I always clean all my tools, spray them with WD40 and with the hand tools stick them down into a bucket of sand which I do with several up and down movements. The sand is for keeping them sharp.

I surely enjoy this message board and I see others do too.

:-) Just my two cents:: My DH has been sharpening my blades for the last two years or more. I do have the sharpener , that he uses, but he has more strenght and can press harder than I can. The sand paper on the sharpener does need to bee replaced once in awhile!

I also take lots of books to have them cut and spiral bound. It's the best. I use Office Max copy center and it costs about $3 per book. I've never had any problem. I also bought a book binder - I spent a little more and got the good one $150. It was worth it to have it handy. I have printed sewing books and class materials from on line.

Ramona in Rolling Hills Wyoming

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4