Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it ok to ask about this here?

Spoonflower fabrics - they have some adorable prints that I would love to purchase. However, I have been told that they fade terribly, no matter how gingerly you launder them. I only have a couple if prints from them (both have a white background), so I haven't seen the fading yet. I also fixed them in a professional dye fixer, which may have helped.

Does anyone have some experience with these fabrics?

Here is the fabric I'm looking at, right now:
    http://www.spoonflower.com/collections/6043

what charming fabric

I know! I have some heather Ross from spoonflower, which is how I found the website. It's so hard to find cute boys prints, so I'd be heartbroken if these prints dont wash well. :(

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaLee
    I know! I have some heather Ross from spoonflower, which is how I found the website. It's so hard to find cute boys prints, so I'd be heartbroken if these prints dont wash well. :(
    So how does that work?
    Heather designs a fabric that's printed by Spoonflower?
    Or it's one of her regular designs - which would make me think the fabric manufacturer (Free Spirit?) wouldn't be thrilled?

It must be an exclusive, right?

have never heard of "Professional dye fixer"....

Spoonflower prints fabrics for anyone. So, I could submit my designs, and spoonflower will print them and sell them on the site. Or I can print them and use them for my own personal projects.

I dye fabrics too, which is how I have fixer on hand. There are a couple different ones out there. :) it's what textile companies and tie dyers use to "set" the dye, so that it won't bleed or fade.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    At the very bottom of the site's "fabric" page you can order a 4" x 4" swatch packet for $1. Might be worth a try; wash and determine your own.

Jan in VA

I checked out some of the prices. At $18 a yard, they had better last a looooong time!

They do have a big assortment of dragon fabric. But not sure I'm willing to pay that much. At least not enough for a whole quilt top. Maybe some accent fabric.

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaLee
    Spoonflower prints fabrics for anyone. So, I could submit my designs, and spoonflower will print them and sell them on the site. Or I can print them and use them for my own personal projects.
    I understand that.

But I guarantee you if I showed up with an Alexander Henry design and asked them to print that, they would refuse. Or, at least, they should.

So, in this case, Heather is making unique designs exclusively for Spoonflower?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast