Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ok, so here's a question for you..... (regarding secret quilt angel) >

Ok, so here's a question for you..... (regarding secret quilt angel)

Ok, so here's a question for you..... (regarding secret quilt angel)

Old 08-10-2010, 03:10 PM

I got some fabric in the mail from an unknown person. No return address, just a postmark of Tolar, TX.
Is this some sort of secret quilt angel that I keep hearing references to? How do I know? (and how did they know exactly what I wanted??) :-D :lol:
More importantly, how would I sign up to be an "angel" for someone else?
How do I know what they like/want/need? How do I get their address?
Can someone help me please? lol
Thanks in advance!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

There is a member swap that is a year long program . Sign ups were in October 2009 and will end in December 2010 when we reveal ourselves.

it sounds like you have an Angel. They send out surprises without notice to unsuspecting people :lol: Kind of a pay it forward concept ! They work in mysterious ways :wink: LOL

Maybe someone saw where you liked something and wanted to surprise you.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:20 PM

Well, whatever it is, it's awesome! :D :D
So, would I have had to sign up to be a "gift-ee"? Or do people just sign up to be "gift-ers"?
I'll have to keep my eyes open, I want to send secret squishies to people! :-)
I'm signed up for the secret pal swap, but I love the idea of surprising someone with an unexpected gift! :-D
Old 08-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I have to agree with what Sharon said. If you want to be an secret angel then what you need to do is pay attention to what others say on the board. I have had many angels but only 1 was a secret and I have no idea who it was and that's ok because they know that really appreciated it. I can never repay what others on this QB have done for me but I will die trying. I have also been an angel to others here. You kind of have to ask around for address' tho if you want it to be a secret angel gift. Don't question what someone did for you just enjoy it.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:34 PM

Also, if you want to remain anonymousor just contact a Moderator and see if they will help you out. If not, they will find someone who will so you remain anon.

It is really so much fun to receive anonymously. I received the Farmer's Wife quilt book to do the quilt-a-long from an unknown source. I was in tears. I was so appreciative and even tho I did not know for sure who sent it, I thanked my SQA (Secret Quilt Angel).

Paying It Forward is the best. I have something to send to just the right person when the time comes. Both parties get blessed. It's great!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Google Goddess

that is so nice
Old 08-10-2010, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I have to agree with what Sharon said. If you want to be an secret angel then what you need to do is pay attention to what others say on the board. I have had many angels but only 1 was a secret and I have no idea who it was and that's ok because they know that really appreciated it. I can never repay what others on this QB have done for me but I will die trying. I have also been an angel to others here. You kind of have to ask around for address' tho if you want it to be a secret angel gift. Don't question what someone did for you just enjoy it.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning it at all! I'm totally enjoying it!! :-D :-D I was just curious how to become an Angel :D
Thanks for your responses everyone!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:40 PM

You can go to the pay it forward post and there are several people in there requesting help-just pm them and get their shipping info and you can be their angel :)