Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Binding tip still the best for me!!

Blog Entries

Old Binding tip still the best for me!!

Two large pins. (Mine are still diaper pins. Lol. ). Pinned to ironing board -- a strip pulled through as you iron !! This board fits between my sewing machine and desk. I can SIT down while preparing my binding strip. I still like this method instead of the electric binding thing I bought a few years go! Some tips just need to stay around!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Great idea - I think that Fons & Porter have had something similar on their TV show
    Nikki in MO

Blog Entries
    Sorry about the pic!! It was right side up when I loaded it!

That is an*****AWesOMe *** tip! Thanks for posting. I will try this on my next binding! Just awesome.

DO YOU DO THIS FOR BINDING OR FOR MAKING BIAS? I HAVE MADE BIAS THIS WAY AND IT IT REALLY A SLICK WAY TO DO IT. i READ ON THIS BOARD LAST WEEK THAT IT IS JUST AS EASY, OR EASIER, TO NOT IRON YOUR BINDING DOUBLE, BUT JUST TO SEW IT ON AND FOLD IT AS YOU GO. i TRIED THIS AND FOUND IT TO WORK REALLY WELL. AND IT SAVES ONE STEP.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GemState View Post
    DO YOU DO THIS FOR BINDING OR FOR MAKING BIAS? I HAVE MADE BIAS THIS WAY AND IT IT REALLY A SLICK WAY TO DO IT. i READ ON THIS BOARD LAST WEEK THAT IT IS JUST AS EASY, OR EASIER, TO NOT IRON YOUR BINDING DOUBLE, BUT JUST TO SEW IT ON AND FOLD IT AS YOU GO. i TRIED THIS AND FOUND IT TO WORK REALLY WELL. AND IT SAVES ONE STEP.
    I don't iron my binding anymore - just fold over as I sew. Works for me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GemState View Post
    I really do this!! Was doing it when I took pic!! Lol. It's worked for 30 years!! I do on all bindings. Might try not folding, but I can do this ahead and store it way! Old habits are hard to break!

what a great tip....I always do my binding the minute I'm done with a quilt, then when I get it back from the longarmers it's ready to sew on....I like to finish one thing before I start another!

Where is the fun? Get reckless and have SEVERAL projects going at the same time!! LOL

Right now I have 8 quilts to be bound!!! I usually don't let them pile up so badly, but I've been working hard to finish donation quilts by Thanksgiving, and Christmas gifts so I'm not one of those people who has to cry and beg my LAQ to get it quilted in time. LOL!!

Linda

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast