Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Old machine broke, bought new machine

Old machine broke, bought new machine

So I decided the other day that I may as well clean since my machine died...and the next day I went to the sewing machine store. All I wanted was a machine with a 9" throat that also did a zig zag stitch. I realize that it would come with more stitches than just the zig zag, but those were my two main desires. My old machine was the Singer Confidence Quilter, a lower end machine, but still the most expensive ($300) machine I had purchased to date.

So anyway, I go into the store and start talking about the Janome 6300. They would have to order it, which was fine I guess, but I asked if there was a model that I could play with and check out first. Sure, we have this Janome Memory Craft 8200QC here, I can show you on this what the 6300 is capable of. Gee, thanks, show me the upgrade at almost twice the price, with an 11" throat....and I really must say, she sews like a dream and looks GREAT in my sewing room!!!!! Yes, I came home that day with the 8200 along with an extension table that I traded my old machine for. Monday I will go and give them the rest of the accessories for the old machine and schedule my training class for the 8200.

I only wish we weren't going to a football party this afternoon after church so I could stay home and play with her! Happy days for me!

Oh, her name is Linda for now. Long story not worth repeating in polite company.
    She looks for wool and flax And works with her hands in delight.

Blog Entries
    I think you will love your Janome. I don't have the 8200QC but Janome is a good machine.

Very happy for you. Can't wait to see all the pretties you will be sharing!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Quote Originally Posted by Prissnboot View Post
    So I decided the other day that I may as well clean since my machine died...and the next day I went to the sewing machine store. All I wanted was a machine with a 9" throat that also did a zig zag stitch. I realize that it would come with more stitches than just the zig zag, but those were my two main desires. My old machine was the Singer Confidence Quilter, a lower end machine, but still the most expensive ($300) machine I had purchased to date.
    So anyway, I go into the store and start talking about the Janome 6300. They would have to order it, which was fine I guess, but I asked if there was a model that I could play with and check out first. Sure, we have this Janome Memory Craft 8200QC here, I can show you on this what the 6300 is capable of. Gee, thanks, show me the upgrade at almost twice the price, with an 11" throat....and I really must say, she sews like a dream and looks GREAT in my sewing room!!!!! Yes, I came home that day with the 8200 along with an extension table that I traded my old machine for. Monday I will go and give them the rest of the accessories for the old machine and schedule my training class for the 8200.

I only wish we weren't going to a football party this afternoon after church so I could stay home and play with her! Happy days for me!

Oh, her name is Linda for now. Long story not worth repeating in polite company.
    I'll bet I figured out why you called her Linda, realizing you're from TX! Ha ha!

Blog Entries
    congrats on Linda! but why that name? (now i am curious!!!)

Oh congrats, glad it al worked out!!!!!!

Good for you. I did something similar when I went to the sewing machine shop to buy a Brother emb/sewing machine. I intended to buy one specific machine, but came home with the upgraded model. I'm very glad I did!

Congratulations!

Blog Entries
    congrats on your new machine!
    Nancy in western NY

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    Congrats!!! Now please tell us why the name Linda??? Pretty please?
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast