Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Old version of EQ question >

Old version of EQ question

Old version of EQ question

Old 07-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Manic I never did all that to import to my EQ5 I just imported any size.
HI Rhonda. I just checked and I never imported any fabric with EQ4. Just reading the directions from EQ5 cookbook. If you notice, I just made a reference to have her send you a PM. Long time no see. Hope all is well and I like your new icon.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:29 PM

I was following the directions in the cookbook, got all the way through the import and got the error. My file was (is) 72 dpi and 160x100px. I thought I could go around the import and just add the file into the library but can't find the actual bmp image files in the system. Thanks for all the info so far!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

trivia the reason you are having trouble is because the newer technology does not support the older EQ versions. I have trouble with my EQ5 also.

You do have to have EQ6 to get the upgrade price for EQ7. You can find EQ6 if someone wants to sell theirs.

As for the problem you are having - Does it happen in every file you try to import your fabric into? Have you tried opening a diff file and importing in that file?

I imagine the ladies at EQ will tell you what they told me. Your program is out of date and they can't do anything to help. It is due to the new technology of your computer is not able to connect with certain parts of your program. so you get gaps in what you can do with it. some things just will never work on it. I get alot of notices on 5 that say this is an invalid path. I can't open any new files on my EQ5 so I use one that already exists and just delete what I don't want in it and use it to create new designs. works for me LOL

I do have 23 lessons I wrote if you are interested in them. Most of the lessons are done on my EQ5 with EQ6 and EQ7 pics added in if the lesson is diff for each version.

However this picture importing is not one of the things I covered.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...a-t195158.html

You do have to scroll down to see all of the pdfs

Here is the user defined section where you can find all the comments on the EQ
http://www.quiltingboard.com/tags/electric+quilt.html

If I can help just pm me. Click on my name and then click on private message
Old 07-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

Manic - We are all great. Expecting a 5th great grand in Nov yeah! that will make 18 grands in all LOL
Glad you like the avatar. that is a star point design. mine of course LOL

I don't know if I can help but I can try. I've never had EQ4 so don't really know the limitations on it.