Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oldies in my stash

I am currently cutting pieces for quilts from the family stash of scraps back to 1920! only had three fabrics that were bad so far.....

Thanks to all who answered! I somehow failed to watch my own topic, and just remembered to check back. I'm glad the verdict is in favor of using the oldies. In a way, it's funny I had any doubt because hanging on the wall behind my computer is a quilt from the 1930's, and there is not a single worn out spot, even though it obviously saw plenty of use and washing in its day. I do appreciate all your thoughtful input!

Forgot to mention that one of the scraps that turned up was from my eighth grade sewing class, making it 50 years old. I kept it mostly for sentimental reasons. It's as ugly as ever - can't imagine why I picked a murky beige, tan and lavender floral - but it's an excellent cotton, and if I did not recognize it, there's no way I could ever guess how old it is. Here it is in a Lil Twister WIP:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2