Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
O'lipfa Seams Sew Fast Strip Piecing Guide? >

O'lipfa Seams Sew Fast Strip Piecing Guide?

O'lipfa Seams Sew Fast Strip Piecing Guide?

Old 11-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

tuesy, I wouldn't use moleskin on a black vintage Singer machine with scrollwork. Those old black machines have a type of finish that is easily damaged, and I would not risk the adhesive on it. I would never put it on a Singer featherweight either, black or otherwise.

At some point the finishes on sewing machines got a lot better, but I'm not sure how far back in "vintage" this happened. I would certainly risk moleskin on some of the newer vintage Singer machines -- maybe on models like the 301, 401, 830, 930; however, I'd probably join a list specific to that kind of vintage machine and ask for advice there first. Some of the people who posts on those lists have amazing technical knowledg of the various models and would know how impervious to damage the finish is.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:16 AM

Hello! I just received the "Seams Sew Fast" in the mail. It is just made from thin plastic. A bit expensive but I think it might work for me. I am new to quilting large items and I have arthritis in my fingers. So I wanted to give it a try. I will let you know how it worked for me. I went on u tube to see a demo on how to put on your machine, which was helpful to me since I do better at visual instructions than written ones. LOL
KATHRYN (KTDID49)