Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: OMG....OBW!!!!

  1. #1
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    I didn't realize how much fun and mesmerizing making the OBW quilt was going to be! I am totally obsessed...can't stop moving and rearranging my hexagons, I am planning cubes...borders, OMG...somebody needs to tell me to calm down, :lol:!!! I started yesterday and I have all my half hexagons pieced, my layout mostly arranged...now just need a day to make more cubes...and a day to put it together! Why, oh why do i need to work??I probably shouldn't think about making another OBW any time soon until I gain my sanity :lol: :mrgreen: :shock:

  2. #2
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    3
    lol candi! Sounds as though you are enjoying this project! Share a few pictures of it in the making! :)

  3. #3
    Senior Member RUSewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the middle of an Oklahoma wheat field
    Posts
    962
    Girls just want to have fun!

    (now I must make one!!)

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ft. Myers, Florida
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    I didn't realize how much fun and mesmerizing making the OBW quilt was going to be! I am totally obsessed...can't stop moving and rearranging my hexagons, I am planning cubes...borders, OMG...somebody needs to tell me to calm down, :lol:!!! I started yesterday and I have all my half hexagons pieced, my layout mostly arranged...now just need a day to make more cubes...and a day to put it together! Why, oh why do i need to work??I probably shouldn't think about making another OBW any time soon until I gain my sanity :lol: :mrgreen: :shock:

    Deep breaths, save some energy for tomorrow, you have another big day ahead. Need rest so you can concentrate and retain all info you learn, don't forget to take your notebook and pen so you can write down each step. AND... should you need someone to make the next OBW for how about ME ME ME
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Have fun tomorrow drive safe and don't forget to tell us all about your experience ;) :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

  5. #5
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Terryl, I am excited about both the OBW and tomorrow. Can't wait! Have my notebook and pen ready, thanks for th reminder, :mrgreen: , and I will tell you all about it tomorrow:)


    Quote Originally Posted by Terryl
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    I didn't realize how much fun and mesmerizing making the OBW quilt was going to be! I am totally obsessed...can't stop moving and rearranging my hexagons, I am planning cubes...borders, OMG...somebody needs to tell me to calm down, :lol:!!! I started yesterday and I have all my half hexagons pieced, my layout mostly arranged...now just need a day to make more cubes...and a day to put it together! Why, oh why do i need to work??I probably shouldn't think about making another OBW any time soon until I gain my sanity :lol: :mrgreen: :shock:

    Deep breaths, save some energy for tomorrow, you have another big day ahead. Need rest so you can concentrate and retain all info you learn, don't forget to take your notebook and pen so you can write down each step. AND... should you need someone to make the next OBW for how about ME ME ME
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Have fun tomorrow drive safe and don't forget to tell us all about your experience ;) :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
    :

  6. #6
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    lol candi! Sounds as though you are enjoying this project! Share a few pictures of it in the making! :)
    Thanks, Sharon, will try to post photos next week.

  7. #7
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSewing
    Girls just want to have fun!

    (now I must make one!!)
    :lol: :XD: :thumbup:

  8. #8
    Super Member clem55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Posts
    6,176
    Blog Entries
    6
    good for you! I'm too scared to try one!

  9. #9
    Super Member Vanuatu Jill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ramona, California
    Posts
    3,057
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by clem55
    good for you! I'm too scared to try one!
    Ditto!!!

  10. #10
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,471
    They are so fascinating to me but look really hard!!!!
    Maybe someday I'll be brave and try one! :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.