Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
one of those days. >

one of those days.

one of those days.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:14 AM

These quilts are gorgeous! The dragonfly quilt, especially, is absolutely stunning! I wish I had made it!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:48 AM

I was making a quilt for my 16 year old son. He wanted one that was black and red. I threw in some white to cheer it up a bit. When I gave it to him, he said "Do over, Mom".
His friend was standing right there so I asked Pat if he liked the quilt. to which he responded "Yes". so I gave it to Pat. No problem. 10 years later Pat still mentions the quilt from "mom" that he is still using on his bed.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by don't do dishes
I was making a quilt for my 16 year old son. He wanted one that was black and red. I threw in some white to cheer it up a bit. When I gave it to him, he said "Do over, Mom".
His friend was standing right there so I asked Pat if he liked the quilt. to which he responded "Yes". so I gave it to Pat. No problem. 10 years later Pat still mentions the quilt from "mom" that he is still using on his bed.
I love this story.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:56 AM

getting off the subject..been looking for any tips from some one who has made a fabric clock to hang on the wall. Going to use a Dresden Plate pattern but don't have a good idea of what stiffener/interfacing to use. Been searching online without success. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-21-2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by quiltin mimi
These quilts are gorgeous! The dragonfly quilt, especially, is absolutely stunning! I wish I had made it!
I know! These two quilts were for my niece. She is very picky and tactless. I had made her a baby quilt when she was a baby and she had given it back to me saying that she doesn't need it anymore because she is not a baby.

When I had shown the dragonfly quilt to my BOM club ladies everybody went balistic. It was a hard quilt for me to make at the time. I did not like it but after everybody gushed at it I finally did see its beauty. At least three of the ladies bought the pattern after the LQS owner ordered them in. I thought it was so funny. With my quilt, I was able to help the pattern's owner make more sales. The pattern is called "Dance of the Dragonflies" by Annette Ornelas. I think you can look at it on her website at www.southwindquilts.com.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:06 PM

Twice... once from each grand daughter. I knew exactly what my oldest one liked. WRONG.. I knew what my younger liked, busted butt to make a lime green and black with no foo foo... strictly plain.

Oldest grand daughter came in and asked, are you making that for Katie and naturally my guard went up as I said ... Yes..... she replied.. I don't think she's going to like that particular lime green. And I commented... She will when she gets it or she will eat it!!!! At which, with Randi's already cut and in a storage bag to be started on, She stated, wow, I would
REALLy to have the same quilt with the same blacks, but I would want all reds instead of lime greens. And my mind is moving forward, my other grand daughter Beranna better like these colors because it's already cut out and this is what she's getting. Fortunately I had made her pillow cases out of the fabric that was to be in Randi's quilt so hopefully that will work out... I love being a grand mom, even though mine are in their early 20's. but they can take down faster then a straight pin in a huge balloon..
Old 05-22-2010, 12:56 PM

We are raising our kids to be impolite, ungracious and narcisstic. They need to learn from birth how to say thank you, please, address others with respect, and stop saying gimme. Volunteer work with children or elderly can teach compassion.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:10 PM

Hallalluja!!! I couldn't agree more. We taught our kids and by george, I make sure that they are teaching their's. There is no excuse for the attitude. My odest DGS came home yesterday with an expensive mp3 player. When I asked hime where he got it he said one of his friends gave it to him because his mom will buy him a new one. It's going back Monday. On top of that, the music that was downloaded onto it would have made a sailor blush! I checked it out first. Needless to say, my GS didn't get to listen to any of it.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:48 PM

I think that there are some kids that are self-centered and rude. But there are plenty of adults that are as well. It hasn't been invented by the next generation.

I don't think voicing an opinion is rude or narcissistic. I would be very disappointed in my children if they didn't know their own minds and know they that have a right to think the way they do and to say so. That doesn't mean that they are rude and if they receive a gift that isn't to their liking, they still thank the donor and don't mention that it isn't what they would choose.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:58 PM

I wanted to make a quilt for my 24 year old grand daughter. It was a scrappy bears paw with a black and brown background. She saw it on my design board and didn't like it. (boo hoo) She picked out a kit that she likes, black and brown. I can't even get started on it because it is so far from what I like!!

So I know how you feel!!