Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One of Those Days!

Ahhhh! I'm trying to finish up the wall hanging from the Drunkard's Path class I took Saturday. All I have left is to machine stitch the binding to the front. This quilt has tons of mistakes in it but I really am not that concerned about them, its' just for the cats to sleep on and it was my practice one to learn the technique. However, as I'm trying to stitch the binding, the needle breaks. I do some mumbling but put in a new needle. Two seconds later, that one shatters too! What do you suppose the problem is?

You guessed it--I have the quarter foot on and I'm trying to zigzag! The worst part, this is the first time I've done this. :( I think I may have to put a note on my machine to remind me to check the foot before zigzagging! So I'm taking a brief break from the machine! :lol:

Blog Entries
    I'm glad you figured out what is wrong.

You need to make yourself a notebook with tips and tricks, so you can refer to it when you have a problem.

Have fun sewing and quilting.

Craftybear

Blog Entries
    Take a deep breath, have some chocolate, smile (after eating the chocolate!), put on your favorite music, and go back to it-it will go much better now!

I have done that before too. Not fun breaking needles!

LOL - I've done that before! So now I feel I'm in good company!

Blog Entries
    LMBO I an guilty of doing this too :roll: :D:D:D

At least it wasn't something you had to put the machine in the shop for. I can totally see myself doing something like that. :lol:

I think we've all had such a day at one time or another. Just laugh it off if you can; tomorrow is a new day!

Well, I've finished it and tossed it on the floor for the cats! For some reason, they're staring at it suspiciously. Now when I laid out a quilt backing on the floor earlier to see if it was big enough for the quilt top, the backing was attacked and crumpled!

I have done this too! Unfortunately, not only did I break the needle I got the machine out of timing. My brand new at that time Bernina went back in the shop. Luckily it was a free repair.

I have two ragdoll cats myself Raggiemom. A blue point mitted and a seal point bi color. They are the most loving cats. My avatar is my big goofy Maine Coon and to round out the household I have a Norwegian Forest cat and a little domestic shorthair rescue. All but the rescue are boys. Oh yes I have a big goofy dog too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast