Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ongoing saga of my first quilt..... >

Ongoing saga of my first quilt.....

Ongoing saga of my first quilt.....

Old 03-02-2012, 04:05 AM

Default Ongoing saga of my first quilt.....

Well, on Tuesday I called the LAQ'er. It was six weeks since I dropped my quilt top and wall hanging off. She told me she'd have it done 'by the end of the week'....and here we are-it's the end of the week. I am hoping for a phone call today, or tomorrow, that I can pick my items up.

Please, everyone, cross your fingers for me!

I am going to look for another LAQ'er--from our conversation, it sounded like she didn't really want 'new customers' . Why she told me to bring my pieces to her, though, I will never know.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:13 AM

That happen to me once and it was month before I got it, and she did not do a good job. I do wish you luck
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 AM

When I hear about a situation like this I think I'll send my first completed quilt to one of the quilters here on the board where I've seen their work. It would be worth it to me to pay the postage that would be necessary.

So sorry I hope today is the day.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

Wishing you the best outcome. We have some great LAr's on this board. I've used "gramyx7" many times and love her work. I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction to find a list of them on this board.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:44 AM

The best work I have had done , is by members of this board.... And I consider all of them to be local! I would much rather patronize a board member , as my "community" of quilters and those who contribute to my inspiration is here.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:45 AM

Oh, that would be wonderful, I never thought about sending it to someone! May just have to do that with the next one!!

Although I do have a lead on someone local--a lady I met a couple of weeks ago told me she knows of one; I will have to get more details from her.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:10 AM

I think I'm lucky. My LQS has a long arm quilter who picks the quilts up on one day and they are returned one week later. She does beautiful work and so fast. She isn't too expensive either. I think her prices are very competitive. I wouldn't be very happy if I had to wait months to get my quilt back.
Sue
Old 03-02-2012, 06:11 AM

I think I'm lucky. My LQS has a long arm quilter who picks the quilts up on one day and they are returned one week later. She does beautiful work and so fast. She isn't too expensive either. I think her prices are very competitive. I wouldn't be very happy if I had to wait months to get my quilt back.
Sue
Old 03-02-2012, 06:12 AM

Sorry for the double post.
Sue
Old 03-02-2012, 06:14 AM

GOOD MORNING Well if it is not completed then tell her, thank you very much But I will be right there to pick it up.
You don't have to put up with that. If she is that busy then maybe she did not need to take it on. and If there was that much ahead of you she should of given you a better time frame and stuck to it. Don't ever be afraid of hurting their feelings. Just stick up for yourself. I would be kinda scared of how her quilting will be if she is in such a hurry.
good luck