Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Online aurifil source ?

Online aurifil source ?

There is no longer any aurifil locally for me and I just opened my last spool....where do you purchase online? I placed 6 spools, $7 each, in my cart at one source, and the shipping was $16! Yikes!

I've used Red Rock Threads. No problems with them.

Blog Entries
    I buy from here: http://tristan.bc.ca/cart/home.php?cat=38 when there is a door crasher set of 50wt. The door crasher sets change from time to time. I don't remember the shipping being to much for me to not order.

I bought huge cones of Aurifil white, black, gray and cream color some years ago when an online shop went out of business. I didn't know about Aurifil thread then, just knew it was a good buy on thread. LOL It's fun to see new guild members eyes get big when they see the massive cone of Aurifil thread sitting on my thread holder.
    Got fabric?

Who was selling it for $7 a spool? I was getting mine from jhittlesewing.com but I see they raised their price to 8.78 for a 1422 yd spool. They charge $6.70 for shipping, or free shipping if you order is over $100. I'll be following this thread to see if it's available for less anywhere. Cotton is getting so expensive!

I haven't checked out their prices on line, but I have purchased mine recently from the Bent Needle in Mission, B.C. and in the little shop the price is $7.75 Cdn per spool.

Sue's so ez is the shop with $7 spools-shipping was too high for me! Tristan's doesn't have basic white that I want...

Blog Entries
    Sue adjusts the shipping for you. See this page:
    http://www.sewezdesigns.com/Aurifil1.html
    6 spools (up to 28 spools) will ship for $6.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jillmc View Post
    Sue's so ez is the shop with $7 spools-shipping was too high for me! Tristan's doesn't have basic white that I want...
    She will ship up to 28 spools for $6. It might come up higher in the cart but she will refund you the difference. If you don't want to do that, send her an email and maybe she will send you an invoice with the exact shipping prior to your payment. Her service is excellent!

As an alternative, you can buy from Red Rock Threads, the cost/spool will be higher, shipping $5 or less. Maybe they would send it 1st class rather than priority. I've bought smaller amounts there in the past and only paid a couple of dollars for shipping.

Both places were very quick to ship and I would shop there again!

Thank you! I have sent sue an email!

Blog Entries
    I buy on ebay but I'm always looking for a better deal.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast