Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
OnLine Quilting Classes >

OnLine Quilting Classes

OnLine Quilting Classes

Old 07-08-2012, 05:06 PM

Default OnLine Quilting Classes

Hello,

I am wondering about online quilting classes......Pro's & Cons? Are you familiar with Craftsy.com ?

I am sure there are a lot of others online, prices?

Thank You for your help.

Roseanna (Jazzmyn)
Old 07-08-2012, 05:25 PM

I'm a member of Craftsy but I haven't taken any classes there. I've heard on here that several quilters have taken the classes and been very happy with them. What are you looking to learn???
Old 07-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Banned

I have purchased a couple but have not done them yet. .... I know - I am weird. I just need more time. Whenever I have time to sit, I sew.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:42 PM

I have purchased Quilting Quickly I & II with Jenny Doan of MSQCo. Love her and the classes, especially for beginners and
newbies. I am taking the free BOM, and the Jelly Roll Magic one. I have enjoyed all of them and feel I am learning a lot. Also the free one about Sewing Machine care.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:43 PM

I purchased one in December on FMQ. I haven't had time yet to sit down and do anything but the intro...however, I do plan to do the rest of the class this week...come heck or high water! I have 3 tops to quilt for a client and really want to do the FMQ. I took a class at the quilt shop I worked at a few years back and did pretty well at it, so....I'm hoping I can still do some of this. All I've heard is GOOD, GOOD, GOOD! about the Craftsy Classes.

Good Luck and Hugs, Drue
Old 07-08-2012, 05:55 PM

I like them. They do offer a money-back promise. I had to take them up on it, and they refunded it right away
Old 07-09-2012, 05:07 AM

I signed up for the free classes at Craftsy and even though I haven't done the sewing part yet I do watch the video each month and they are easy to follow. They have a FAQ place so you can get help and I'm thinking that when I can I'll sign up for one that I'll pay for; on sale that is. They have great specials every few months.

Not sure what you want to learn but if it's FMQ; Leah Day has a great site and it's all free.

The other good thing about Craftsy is that once you get the class it doesn't expire; it's always out there for you to go to.

Last edited by romanojg; 07-09-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:39 AM

Leah Day is a great teacher have learned alot from her site
The Free Motion Quilting Project
Old 07-09-2012, 06:21 AM

I am signed up for five classes on Craftsy and have finished two of them. I do look quickly at each when purchased; I always wait for them to go on sale ($19.99 or $15 if lucky!). My mind has been opened up to new possibilities in my quilting and art quilts (who knew I would be considered an artist!). I am now making things that people actually want to buy and I'm having a ball.
In all Craftsy classes, you can print out the list of materials needed and you can interact with the teacher and other "students." You may take notes if you need to do so right in the middle of a class (only you can see your own notes). You get feedback from the teacher and students when you have a question or send in a picture of your work.
I really like the classes and have learned a lot from each one! Go for it.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:58 AM

I have taken 3 of the classes on Craftsy. I LOVE them! I waited till they were on sale, but after I actually did the classes, I would have been happy even if I had paid full price. I like that once you purchase the class, it's yours forever. You can go back and go over the parts you want over and over. You can bookmark places that you want to remember, you can chat with others, you can make notes, you can ask the teacher questions. Well worth the money in my opinion.