Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: open end needle

I just seen one of these today. Does anyone know where I can buy them or order them. I have searched a few web sites but can't locate any. Could the be called any thing else? Please help me. Thanks so much lol

Blog Entries
    There is a Spiral Needle, it is different from some of the others. More expensive, but many say it is well worth it :D:D:D

Is it the one that looks like an "H". It might be the quick thread needle. Or what Amma said too :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dotlette
    I just seen one of these today. Does anyone know where I can buy them or order them. I have searched a few web sites but can't locate any. Could the be called any thing else? Please help me. Thanks so much lol
    If you are talking about the "self-threading" needles where you just slide the thread over the end of the eye and it goes right into the eye you can get them at JoAnn's or most fabric stores. They are called self threading needles. They work really well especially if you can't see the eye of the needle well enough to thread them. They work really great for hiding your ends to where you don't have alot of thread sticking out.

Good luck,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

That's what I am looking for. I will call JoAnn's tomorrow. Thank you for your help Now maybe I can go to bed. Love you all

Blog Entries
    Hmm, going to have to get some of these...my eyesight is getting so bad, I can't see the eye of the needle!! :(

I sprung for the spiral eye and they are well worth it. I had bought the ones from JoAnne before and I found the spiral eye a superior product. Then again it should be as it is significantly more expensive.
    http://www.spiraleyeneedles.com/

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    I sprung for the spiral eye and they are well worth it. I had bought the ones from JoAnne before and I found the spiral eye a superior product. Then again it should be as it is significantly more expensive.
    http://www.spiraleyeneedles.com/
    Thanks for the site! I have been wanting to get these because I often poke holes in my thumb with the open end kind! Also the thread will sometimes pull out of the end.

Blog Entries
    What size of the spiraleyes did you all get? I only see #8. Are they the ones?

Thanks!