Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: opinion please

I'm nearly 2 months late with a wedding gift so I want to make something fast and easy. I'm thinking of a basic rag quilt. I have tons of plaid flannel in a variety of colors. What would be a good color that most people would like? Is a rag quilt a tacky wedding gift? Any other ideas?

Blog Entries
    I dont think its a tacky wedding gift. I am sure whatever you make they will enjoy. :) Good Luck

Blog Entries
    Matching lap quilts would be fun. Unless I knew their tastes and preferences, I probably wouldn't make a bed quilt.

I dunno...I'm a firm believer that "size doesn't matter" so what about if you found out what style their bedroom is currently in, and make some glorious pillow shams? You could take your time and pour your energy into a smaller project that would pack a big punch, kwim?

Of course, how well you know the bride-and-groom to be and your relationship to them DOES kinda play an important role. You want the gift to be from your heart to theirs, whatever you decide.

So if you had absolutely no idea at all about their color scheme, what color would you choose for a basic small quilt?

Blog Entries
    Pillow quilt could be used as a lap quilt

Newly weds ought not be be using lap quilts--they should still be snuggling under one quilt. :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SavedByGrace
    So if you had absolutely no idea at all about their color scheme, what color would you choose for a basic small quilt?
    My DS and DDIL received a rag lap sized quilt for a wedding gift. It is made from a variety of light gold flannels and fits in very well with their decor - Early Married Eclectic. :-D :thumbup: :-D

I think a flannel rag quilt in neutral colors would be a very nice gift.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenheron
    Newly weds ought not be be using lap quilts--they should still be snuggling under one quilt. :lol:
    Just because they have cute matching lap quilts, doesn't mean they can't snuggle when they have time under one.

Blog Entries
    I think a rag quilt with regular cottons vs flannel would be fine. Would you want to include a lot of white since it's a late wedding gift? Or even a log cabin/rag quilt? You could combine the simplicity of log cabin, and the speed of ragging the blocks? Since the log cabin was thought to signify hard and easy times with the light and dark of each individual block...

Good luck no matter what you do. Remember you have up to one year to give a gift for a wedding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast