Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Opinions about the tin lizzie 18 quilting machine >

Opinions about the tin lizzie 18 quilting machine

Opinions about the tin lizzie 18 quilting machine

Old 02-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I'm rather curious... Why wait until after you purchased the machine to ask about it?
I was wondering about that too. I hope you have a lot of fun on your machine. Enjoy! Any
quilting mid arm is better then no quilting machine. I bet you are enjoying the space under the arm.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:12 PM

I have had my Tin Lizzie 18LS for a few years and added tge Quilt Magician last year. I can sew any thread with minor adjustments. I love my machine, and once we learned how to play together all has been good.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:17 PM

I can't copy n paste the Tinlizzie yahoo group on my phone, but I'm sure you can find it by searching. Definitely a good group.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:27 AM

I bought my Tin Lizzie at last year's Mid-Atlantic quilt festival. WONDERFUL MACHINE! I love, love, love it! I give it a beating at times, it keeps right on going and going. It's not fussy about thread types, I can use any thread on it. In the last year I've had a few issues that were user error (Me???? User error???? ) Tech support was WONDERFUL! I can't say enough about Tin Lizzie's tech support. Wow, I wish more companies took care of their customers like Tin Lizzie does... and the reason I can't say enough about Tin Lizzie is because the dealer I bought my machine from at the Mid-Atlantic quilt festival stopped selling Tin Lizzies a month after I bought it. It didn't matter one bit, Tin Lizzie really stands behind their machine.

I found a short in the controller board on my machine last Tuesday, shipped it off to TL Wednesday night and on Friday afternoon they had it fixed and ready to ship back! I got a UPS tracking number that afternoon! WONDERFUL service!

The machine I bought is the Tin Lizzie Ansley 26LS, on a Hailey 12' frame. I love this machine. I want to upgrade, probably next year, it will be another Tin Lizzie for me.

Here's a photo of an American Hero quilt I finished last week...I used ruler work this time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]397531[/ATTACH]

Christine
http://www.quiltdasher.blogspot.com/
Attached Thumbnails img_6455.jpg  
Old 02-28-2013, 08:25 PM

I thought I'd add some more info I learned at the Tin Lizzie booth last weekend. I love going to quilt shows! You can try out different long arms all under one roof and decide which one you like the best. I tried out the APQS, Gammil and still, the Tin Lizzie is the best one.

I learned the new Tin Lizzie machines have a new motor, one without brushes. Nearly every sewing machine made at one time had brushes in the motors. I've torn a few Featherweight motors apart in my time and the brushes do need replacing in the lifetime of the motor, depending on the use it gets.

But a brush motor can only go so fast before you start outsewing the motor, the machine can't keep the stitches going when you move ultra-fast with a long arm. The new Tin Lizzie motor has no brushes and the new design allows for ultra-fast movement as you sew. I have a Tin Lizzie Ansley 26, a 2010 model which I absolutely love. Truly, I don't need a new machine, this Ansley 26 will last me another 30 years happily sewing to my heart's content... but when I get a daughter out of college and my son through occupational therapy I have a new Tin Lizzie on my horizon!!!

I met Kelly and Tim, both I've talked with on the phone in the past, it was so nice meeting them. Tim showed me how the new motor works, and oh my gosh... the new motor controls the stitches B-E-A-U-tifully!!! I nearly drooled on the handles. EVIL man! The man is obviously an EVIL ENABLER!!! I barely made it outta there without a new machine. I'm still in withdrawal after being at the Tin Lizzie booth last weekend.

If you get a chance to go to a quilt show, don't hesitate! You learn so much when you spend time at the Tin Lizzie booth. I'm so glad I went... except for that evil man... and the withdrawal... (smile)

Last edited by Christine-; 02-28-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:00 PM

Christine. I know this is an old thread but I am hoping you might be watching and have and answer for me. I just purchased a used Ansley 26 with a hailey frame. I have searched youtube and can't find exactly how to load a quilt on the frame. I have the instructions but not really sure I have it right. Do you know of a video to watch? I notice you don't have your top on a roller. Hope you or someone lurking can help me.