Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on this thread...and fabric?

Question Opinions on this thread...and fabric?

Has anyone ever ordered cotton thread or quilting fabric from ConnectingThreads?

They have a sale on right now; just wondering everyone's experiences with their stuff.

TIA!

(LINK:http://www.connectingthreads.com )
    - ​Before there was Prozac, there was quilting. -

Happily quilting on a Brother Pacesetter 3001XL & Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist
    most recent acquisition: a Singer 66-16 {beautiful, but needs work!}

I like their thread and fabric, some don't like the thread that they have, I would buy a small amount and try it out first to see if your machines like it. You shouldn't have any problem with their fabrics, they are very nice

Blog Entries
    I haven't had a problem with the thread or fabric. Great customer service. The cotton thread is 50wt 3 ply. A little thicker than I use to piece with but many like that size. I use it for machine quilting. The colors are very pretty. The poly cone thread is thin and great for bobbins and piecing and strong enough for machine quilting.
    Got fabric?

Cotton thread creates a lot of lint in my machine. Fabric is nice. Flannel is very soft!

Blog Entries
    I order my thread from CT and although it is a bit linty, I (and my machine) like it very much. Last time they had a sale, I stocked up on neutrals for piecing.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Blog Entries
    There have been many, many threads regarding Connecting Threads fabric and thread quality. I believe the majority of posts are positive responses, however, only you can decide if you like it and if it meets your standards.

It's best to try it to see if it works well for your machine. I find it to be a bit too linty and thick for mine. Here's a great review that might help. http://pinsandbobbins.blogspot.com/search/label/thread I like to work with Presencia.
    Last edited by Micha; 07-28-2012 at 08:58 PM.

I like their thread and fabric. I use the thread almost exclusively when piecing - love the neutral collection. I haven't bought fabric yardage, but I have ordered many kits from CT and have been pleased.. They have great sales so you can get kits for a great price.
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

i buy alot of thread from Connecting threads- i have a long-arm & cotton thread tends to break every couple inches-along with creating a ton of lint (& not just from connecting threads- any cotton thread) so
    for long-arm quilting polyester threads are more commonly used. i do use their cotton thread for piecing- they have a good selection of colors and the prices are good. i also purchase thread from Superior threads & Aurafil from Fabric.com.
    I've been buying from Connecting Threads for a couple years & have never been disappointed with any purchase.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I use their thread for machine quilting, as others have said it does make some lint but I just make sure to clean my machine more often. I also like their fabrics. Never had any problems.
    Juliebelle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast