Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ordering to the USA

Red face Ordering to the USA

My fellow Canadians,
    Any problems ordering from Joann's Fabrics online?
    I've just tried to create an account and all is well up to inputting my postal code.
    The 'zip code' does not acknowledge a postal code and I can't see anyway around this.
    Any help out there?
    If not, then I am trying to find a Canadian supplier of Disney Licensed Fabric.
    Thanks and have a Happy New Year to all, filled with good things such as health, happiness, and
    the love of family and friends.
    Those who sleep under a quilt sleep under a blanket of love.

Blog Entries
    I just looked and they don't ship Internationally or to Canada. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine Marie View Post
    My fellow Canadians,
    Any problems ordering from Joann's Fabrics online?
    I've just tried to create an account and all is well up to inputting my postal code.
    The 'zip code' does not acknowledge a postal code and I can't see anyway around this.
    Any help out there?
    If not, then I am trying to find a Canadian supplier of Disney Licensed Fabric.
    Thanks and have a Happy New Year to all, filled with good things such as health, happiness, and
    the love of family and friends.
    What about Favourite Fabrics in Buffalo? She also is a poster here under the same name. Her site seems to have a wide variation of fabrics, so I'm only guessing that she would have the fabric you are looking for.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    Bearpaw Quilting ships internationally and has all sorts of novelty fabrics - including Disney.

http://www.bearpawquilting.com/cgi-b...eywords=disney

http://www.bearpawquilting.com/faq.htm
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

Ugh. Ordering from Jo-Anns in Canada is, well, sadly, impossible at this point. While they'll *happily* put a hold on your credit card, they won't actually ship you anything. You can't even use a canadian credit card to buy online and ship to a post office box - the billing address for the card *has* to be in the US. There was a thread about this awhile ago, with the Snowbirds visiting the US and trying to buy online and have it shipped to their US vacation spots - no dice.

If you're in southern ontario, Len's Mill stores do have the licensed disney fabric, usually with the children's stuff. Also try checking out the walmarts. I think I remember seeing it in the KW area ones, not sure about anywhere else.

Speaking of Len's .... for those who can get to one .... Kidd/Unique notions are all 50% off til the store closes tomorrow/Saturday. Also, the green tag sale fabrics are all 50% off the green tag.

Thank you to all of the responses. I love Len's and would gladly take a trip to Port Dover just to spend a few hours there. I think that will be my next step.
    Those who sleep under a quilt sleep under a blanket of love.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine Marie View Post
    Thank you to all of the responses. I love Len's and would gladly take a trip to Port Dover just to spend a few hours there. I think that will be my next step.
    Steer clear of Dover next Friday ..... or maybe that's why you're heading that direction?

Remember Len's have several stores ..... and what one has, the other may not.
    I'm thinking Guelph's is the largest and broadest selection, being that's the home base.

there in a new lens in woodstock its nice cause its new and hasent had time to get to dirty yet. LOL . and there is actualy enough room to get a shopping cart in between the iles. unlike some stores ive been in.

I didn't know Len's was now in Woodstock ... where abouts?

For anyone in Woodstock area .... Country Patchworks is just outside of town. Terrific store.
    Then you're just a hop skip and a jump to a quilt store in Shakespeare.

If you're ever looking for Batiks ... probably the largest selection I've seen is in Guelph at Triangle Sewing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast