Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ordrered fabric from US

Blog Entries
    I live in the UK and now and again moan about the fabric prices (15 doll a yard) and I dont have any shops within a hundred miles that do really nice stuff.
    Anyway ,,,,I had a poker win and thought I would bite the bullet and order from the US .I was absolutely amazed when fabric I had ordered on a sunday was delivered across the pond on the following thursday, lovely quality and even with shipping charges and a charge at the door for english taxes it still worked out at less than half price !!I ordered from two different sites , and am waiting on the second delivery , its like Xmas :)Just thought i would share, am doing the happy dance as i type:)

Don't you just love packages of fabric! Even better when its a great price. Enjoy your treats!

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear it-and with the U.S.$ being so low, your exchange rate really worked in your favor! Which sites did you order from so other overseas quilters might benefit? I know when I lived in Vanuatu full-time, many U.S. shops wouldn't ship overseas. Also, can you post pics of your fabs??

Banned
    Good for you. I'm really glad the quality of the fabric is what you expected.

Blog Entries
    Im sorry my son does all photo thingys , and hes not here today , but the shop i ordered from was *the fatquartershop.com*i also odered from abbimays.comwhich is the one im waiting on ,needless to say i am not affiliated to either

Blog Entries
    I have ordered from those shops and have always been pleased with the service.Happy to hear that you are ,too.

I have friends in Wales UK, and I will send her ''care packages'' of fabric because of the high prices of fabric. She isn't choosey and so far, loves what I send her!! Sometimes she will ask for a special style or color and I do my best to find it for her....fun for both of us!

jodi in leavenworth

I'm always surprised at how fast mail goes from UK to here, etc.

Blog Entries
    I've heard of fatquartershop, but not the other one.
    keepsakequilting.com is a good one too. enjoy!!!

Awesome!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast