Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Organ machine needles?

Organ machine needles?

With cost of machine needles going up, I wondered if anyone had used the needles made by Organ? They seem to be less expensive than the Schmetz that I have been using. Any other brands you like, please list.
    Lizzy in La.

Blog Entries
    I use only Organ needles in my embroidery machine. I use Singer and Schmetz in my regular machines usually only because some came with them or I need a specific one that I can run to Hancocks and pick up.

Organ is my favorite brand.

Blog Entries
    I have used them and I am happy with them. The only problem is that they are not as readily available as Schmetz.

I only purchase my Schmetz when on sale or I can use coupons.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
    I use only Organ needles in my embroidery machine. I use Singer and Schmetz in my regular machines usually only because some came with them or I need a specific one that I can run to Hancocks and pick up.

Organ is my favorite brand.
    Thanks for the response. I will try the Organ needles.
    Lizzy in La.

My two straight stitch only machines came with organ needles and recommend using them. You can get deals on them and don't seem pricey to me. Sewingpartsonline.com have them and sewclassic and All brands, I'm sure there are others. I use Schmetz sometimes, because I have them. Considering everything else needles are very cheap. I use size 14 or 16 for machine quilting. I use a new needle when I start quilting, if the previous needle is still sharp and no burs I use it for piecing.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I use the Organ Titanium topstitch coated needles. They stay sharp for months and the topstitch has less thread breaking.
    Got fabric?

It's all I use. I buy them buy the bulk on ebay and they are very reasonable.

Blog Entries
    Ditto - Organ is the ONLY needle I use. I have a friend who runs a quilting supply business from her home, so I buy from her in bulk.

Blog Entries
    There is a yahoo group that buys in bulk and the group orders when there is enough orders to fill from the members. I am a member and no problems at all in my orders. It's called Needlecoop.
    Got fabric?

You might also want to check with your sewing machine shop. I have a Bernina and while they suggest using the Organ needles for embroidery, I asked about regular sewing. I was told if you were straight stitching it was fine but something about them is just a little different (can't really remmber but was thinking a little longer) and that it wasn't suggested to use them in a stitch that goes back and forth - like a zig zag. I just remember something in the back of my brain so have shied away from them except when embroidering. If you can afford it get the Schmetz from Joanns when they have their 50% off notions - I got lucky and stocked up when they had that and then an additional 20% off. Am set for at least the next year

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast