Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Organizing stash

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    Wow, those are some really great prices at thousands of bolts.com!

Blog Entries
    hi aggi try this web suite solution.com look it up maybe it will help nellie

Hey Aggi,

Try this form, it should work for you.

http://www.osatech.com/FabricOrganizer.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by sondray
    Hey Aggi,

Try this form, it should work for you.

http://www.osatech.com/FabricOrganizer.pdf
    This is exactly what I was looking for!!!! I just copied 50 pages!! LOL that should get me started :)

Thank you sooo much!!!

Thanks to everyone for their great suggestions!!!! I know I can always count on you all for great ideas and advice!!!

Cheers!!!

I have a sticker on my fabric that I use to tell me how much I have. If I cut any off, I just scratch out the number and add the new number. I have had to use a pin to hold the sticker because sometimes the sticker falls off!

Thanks for that site, I just printed off a bunch on cardstock!!

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I have a sticker on my fabric that I use to tell me how much I have. If I cut any off, I just scratch out the number and add the new number. I have had to use a pin to hold the sticker because sometimes the sticker falls off!
    When you order fabric from Thousandsofbolts.com they put a little sticker on each piece of fabric stating how much yardage there is, along with the name of the designer/manufacturer and the fabric's lot number. Once I get my house and my "real sewing room", I will have a better handle on my stash. Right now unfortunately it has taken over every bit of my space. I have ordered so much fabric and notions on line lately I am drowning in my own stash!!! I cant' seem to stop ordering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've become a fabricoholic addiction monster!!!!!!!!! I need to put in in a bit better order before I disappear in my pile of stash forever!!! I have a nice sice pantry cupboard in my little storage unit downstairs of my apartment and it is all colour coordinated, but sometimes after so many times going into it and pulling fabrics for the umpteen billion projects I'm doing, even more so with these flip flop bags I've been selling lately, my stash as gone all to pieces!!!!! I also need to figure out a way to reorganize my stash to make more room in the cupboard pantry I do have. I reallly need to get my house this year cause my fabric stash is starting to push me out of my apartment now!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    Thanks for that site, I just printed off a bunch on cardstock!!
    I just put mine on regular paper (shhhhh I just copied 50 sheets here at work before everyone arrived!! hee hee.. I tend to arrive at work a half hour before I am to start due to early bus route to work)
    I have a nice size binder at home and I will get one of those Avery Divider binder tabs. I will mark them into each colour, floral, novelties, Christmas, other seasons, etc.

This is going to take a while to do, but I figure if I put a couple hours into it over a few weekends, I just might get this to work!!! Once I get it done (maybe a few years from now the rate I'm ordering fabrics these days LOL) I will post a photo of my stash inventory book!!

OK, this is probably over the top, but that's what organizing is all about! How about this notebook cover????

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Shopper_id=962252411353596 22&Store_id=588&page_id=23&Item_ID=5550

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2