Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: orginizing

  1. #1
    Super Member Juliebelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,153
    All the wonderful posts on the board about how to tame your stash got me in the mood to clean up my fabric. I am about half way thru and it is amazing what I am finding that I had no idea I had. It is also funny how your taste changes once you have been quilting for a while, I am finding lots of floral patterns from at least 7 years ago that now do nothing for me. I have a box under my table that I am folding on and as I see something that I really do not like or feel I will use I am adding it to the box. Planning to donate to church quilt quild so they can use.

  2. #2
    mrsdralshhadeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbuck
    All the wonderful posts on the board about how to tame your stash got me in the mood to clean up my fabric. I am about half way thru and it is amazing what I am finding that I had no idea I had. It is also funny how your taste changes once you have been quilting for a while, I am finding lots of floral patterns from at least 7 years ago that now do nothing for me. I have a box under my table that I am folding on and as I see something that I really do not like or feel I will use I am adding it to the box. Planning to donate to church quilt quild so they can use.
    If they do not,, I knwo a good home for them,,,, :thumbup:

  3. #3
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,360
    When I went through all my fabrics and refolded and put into new cabinets I found a lot that I now longer liked or they were cheaper fabrics that I wouldn't use. I gave some away here, I sent a ton down to Mexico with our High School Mission team who were building a small sewing shop for a single mother down there, I gave some to a friend to make Home of the Brave quilts, and others to some other friends that were helping me put all my fabrics away.

  4. #4
    Super Member StitchinJoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucks County PA
    Posts
    1,343
    I love sales and it shows in my stash! I really have too much fabric to keep. it is one thing to have it under control and another to have it in bins in the cellar. i will never use all of that!

    My quilt guild allows us to set up tables and sell sewing stuff in June, so I will be bringing a few underbed chests filled with stash I no longer want. I can't wait to get rid of the excess, and get my closet back under control!

  5. #5
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    31,244
    Blog Entries
    194
    awesome, have fun

    Quote Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
    I love sales and it shows in my stash! I really have too much fabric to keep. it is one thing to have it under control and another to have it in bins in the cellar. i will never use all of that!

    My quilt guild allows us to set up tables and sell sewing stuff in June, so I will be bringing a few underbed chests filled with stash I no longer want. I can't wait to get rid of the excess, and get my closet back under control!

  6. #6
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    31,244
    Blog Entries
    194
    if you want to sell your extra fabric, please post on this board on the ad section, I'm sure others will buy what you don't want and you can make some extra $$$ to buy more fabric

  7. #7
    Senior Member aliaslaceygreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Chesterfield, Virginia
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbuck
    All the wonderful posts on the board about how to tame your stash got me in the mood to clean up my fabric. I am about half way thru and it is amazing what I am finding that I had no idea I had. It is also funny how your taste changes once you have been quilting for a while, I am finding lots of floral patterns from at least 7 years ago that now do nothing for me. I have a box under my table that I am folding on and as I see something that I really do not like or feel I will use I am adding it to the box. Planning to donate to church quilt quild so they can use.
    It's interesting isn't it?? What surprises me even more is how much I STILL am in love with!!!

  8. #8
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,477
    Funny, I've been doing the same thing. I also did it a couple of years ago, so I'm slowing thinning out my stash. I also plan to use up some for pieced quilt backings.
    Yes, our taste can change!! Mine sure has. I found so much that I wondered "Why did I buy that" lolol
    I'm also a sucker for bargains so that may explain some of it.
    But I'm still finding stuff I forgot I bought and that's fun to uncover!!! :D

  9. #9
    Power Poster dkabasketlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    10,282
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Funny, I've been doing the same thing. I also did it a couple of years ago, so I'm slowing thinning out my stash. I also plan to use up some for pieced quilt backings.
    Yes, our taste can change!! Mine sure has. I found so much that I wondered "Why did I buy that" lolol
    I'm also a sucker for bargains so that may explain some of it.
    But I'm still finding stuff I forgot I bought and that's fun to uncover!!! :D
    I've also gone thru that phase of "What was I thinking when I bought this fabric & what was I going to make with it"?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.