Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Original QuiltCut vs. QuiltCut II

Original QuiltCut vs. QuiltCut II

I decided to definitely buy a QuiltCut cutting system. I have an opportunity to purchase an original QuiltCut for $125.00 -- $100.00 less than a new QuiltCut II. Would someone who has this system, help me compare the two? I like the idea of having the savings, but if the II is tons better, I'll keep saving my pennies and buy it in a few months. I haven't seen one of these systems personally, but looking at pics, the only difference I can see is the colour of the mat and the fact the L-shaped marker piece on the original appears to be plastic whereas the newer one appears to be metal and has inches marked on it.
    Any suggestions or recommendations would be most appreciated.

Blog Entries
    There is an upgrade kit you can buy. For the savings I would get the original. I have the Quilt Cut 2 and the L guide is metal. In fact I was sent two of the L shapes. If I can find it I'll send it to you. I'll pm you.
    Got fabric?

The upgrade kit from QuiltCut is no longer available from QuiltCut. I have the old system and wish I had purchased the new system. The new system is easier to set up for cutting angles. Also, the new system is much easier to set up the measure marks for cutting strips. Save the pennies.
    Crashnquilt

Wouldn't you like to live with my mind just for a moment? I wish you would, I think I need to get OUT OF IT!

Blog Entries
    If you contact Alto there may be an upgrade kit available, won't hurt to ask. Here is a past discussion about the old vs. the new: Quilt Cut 2
    Got fabric?