Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Orphan Blocks Requested For Flood Relief in Australia

2a. Re: Orphan blocks
    Posted by: "Wilma Ladiges" willad@smartchat.net.au ladigeswilma
    Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:50 am (PST)

Dear Jan and all,
    I have arranged to use a local Church hall for working bees.About 25 willing sewers and finishers so far. I have some kind offers from fellow long arm quilters to help with the quilting. We are up to the challenge. We know that in 2-3 months when all these quilts are completed and ready for distribution. The recipients will be feeling like they are forgotten and all alone in their strife. When they are given a beautiful quilt made with love in every stitch,it will help them to realise that we will not forget them . Each quilt will be labelled to show that the blocks were sent to us from our friends in USA. God bless you all.
    Wilma

Thanks everyone- I have two cousins and their family's that had severe damage to their homes there due to the flooding. I'll notify my local guild and circles, too!Quilters are a wonderful group of caring people!
    Sally

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSewing
    Jan - thank you for providing a USA address. It's the postage that may stop some from contributing. I'll get some blocks to you.
    Hi everyone!
    I just would like to provide another US address to ship blocks for Carisbrook to....I am the east coast collector and will also be sending "blocks in bulk" to Wilma in OZ. Thanks to all wonderful quilters who participate!
    Darlene Dunn
    165 Miller Drive
    Naugatuck, CT

Darlene, thanks for becoming the East Coast Distributor. :) I have some blocks I can send you. I'll get them together tonight.

I will have my hubby send a few in the mail this week. They aren't the fanciest, but I think they will help the cause!

How long will ya'll be collecting blocks? My guild won't meet again until the end of February.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurieE
    How long will ya'll be collecting blocks? My guild won't meet again until the end of February.
    The official cut off date is Feb 28th...but if your guild is willing to participate I will be happy, happy to send them on a bit later! Thank you so much...

Blog Entries
    Thursday morning...just watching the news re the storm in Australia. Will be sending some orphan blocks. Stay strong and safe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollyv9
    Thursday morning...just watching the news re the storm in Australia. Will be sending some orphan blocks. Stay strong and safe.
    Thank you, Polly. I cannot believe OZ is getting hit by a cyclone now. I live in the US, but I will send on your good wishes!

I sent you an envelope. Hope you can use the orphans enclosed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast