Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Other ideas for dresden plate templates

Smile Other ideas for dresden plate templates

I know the Dresden plate quilts are beautiful and I hope to do one someday, but in the meantime, what else could I make with the EZ Dresden Plate template I recently bought? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by schnupp; 11-27-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Had some mispelled words. Schnupp

table toppers, place mats, tops for round end tables, candle mats, jackets, tote bags, wall hangings...what ever you want.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    You could make a rail fence type block, wider end on top, then sew another piece with the narrower end on top. Once you get 4 pieces sewn together, that would make a square. When putting your squares together, one would have the strips going horizontal the next vertical. I saw a quilt done like this in batiks, it was very pretty.
    Kellie
    I won't know how much money I have for bills until I am done buying fabric.

Power Poster
    You can use 1/4 Dresden plates for fans. I've seen them arranged into the corner of blocks and a tassel hanging from the corner. You can do stripes across a quilt by turning 1/4 fan blocks in different directions. You can do 1/4 blocks in a corner block and add an applique handle for umbrella blocks. You can do full circle Dresden plates into sunflower place mats. Make up a few and just start playing with them on your design wall.

Blog Entries
    Did you see the pic here on the board of the heart quilt ? It looks like she used the dredan plate - let me see if I can find it again
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Blog Entries
    Here it is A heart quilt
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

You can also use them to make flowers - and of course the popular dresden turkey if you want to get started on next year's Thanksgiving projects

I used it to make these last year: http://www.jaybirdquilts.com/2009/11...-tutorial.html

I made probably 15 of them for teachers and family members. They were easy to make and turned out really beautifully.
    I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business. - Michael J. Fox

Nancy Zieman has done a wonderful two-part series on using that Dresden tool. All of her shows are available on the Wisconsin Public Television website. Let me see if this link to the program works.... this is Part 1, there is also a Part 2:

http://video.wpt2.org/video/1522559760

Fons & Porter had a really pretty quilt that they did on their TV show last year (I think it was). It was called "Rosie's Charm" & was made using a Dresden template. Here's a like to a pictutre of it --->

http://www.fonsandporter.com/fpnews_rosiescharm.html
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca