Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: which ott light?

Joann's has a special going on for the rest of the day at 50% off all ott lights and I was wondering which smaller ones would you guys recommend. I am on a very limited budget and would really like to get one for $30 or less. Thanks so much.

brookemarie,
    I bought the second one not too long ago and it was very top heavy. I returned it right away because it kept tipping over. There is a more heavy duty one that is about $40 on sale for half off that I got a long time ago. I love it. It was well worth the cost and I haven't had to change the bulb yet. Don't know about the first but I'd shy away from the others. You might also check Big Lots if you have one near you. Mine has a floor model for about $29 and a small table size one on display but they never have the small one in stock.
    Good luck,
    lots2do

I was given the small one that you attach to a table. It is bright, just doesn't give me the light that I need. It seems to be concentrated in a very small area, not really what I need for aging eyes that need more than a 'spot light'. I know that they are preferred light, give off true light, the one I have is just too small for my needs. I have the overhead lights for both sewing area and when I sit to do hand sewing.