Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ott Lights

I've been wanting to add another Ott Light to my sewing space, but had balked at the price for the floor lamps. I almost picked one up at JoAnn Fabrics this weekend when they were on sale; however, they didn't have the model I wanted. The prices ranged from $75-99 on sale.

When I was at Lowe's hardware store about an hour later looking at lamps, I happened upon an Ott Light floor lamp for $55.00 which looks remarkably like the one that JoAnn sells for $180 online. The biggest difference is that mine is black, which I prefer. They had very good prices on one of the table models as well.

Cheers, K

Isn't that just amazing!! Amazing what the profit margin for these stores are isn't it.

Blog Entries
    That goes to show us that we have to think out of the box when buying things for our quilting rooms. And the best part is that you saved $ for more fabric.

You can also sign up on their website and they will send you notices of sales, specials, etc. They will run 2 for 1 sales periodically, too

I got an awesome deal on a Ott-lite from Lowe's a few years ago. I don't remember the price, but it was like 1/3 of what the same model was at Joanns.

You will want to check, but my Lowe's actually carries the replacement light bulbs for about a third of the cost at the fabric stores. When I find them, I always purchase a couple because they don't have them all the time and they go fast.

Yep - mine carries the replacement bulbs as well. I was very excited to see that.

Cheers, K

Blog Entries
    thanks for letting us know that Lowe's carries Ott lights as well as Joann's

Blog Entries
    Great to know!!

I got one at Big Lots for around $30 that is also very similar to one of the ones they sell at JoAnn's. It's a bendable floor lamp. I keep it by my recliner for reading and hand sewing.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast