Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ouch! I burned my finger again!!! Help! >

Ouch! I burned my finger again!!! Help!

Ouch! I burned my finger again!!! Help!

Old 10-20-2011, 10:15 PM

Hubby discovered that honey for a burn works wonders. Put it on immediately and let it stay on burn about 2-3 minutes. It pulls the heat out, the sting goes away and it prevents blistering. And it really works.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:18 PM

Get yourself a pair of gloves that are for heat. They have some nice ones out there for cooking. Buy a good pair it may be more expenisive but worth it.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:15 AM

soaking it in iced tea, mustard(though I see thats mentioned) pure aloe vera plant sap or the store stuff works too, and something that I forgot. sorry. I work in food and get burned alot. I prefer using tea or the aloe because they smell better ^_^
Old 10-21-2011, 10:20 AM

THERMAL THIMBLES.....available at Joanns
Old 10-21-2011, 10:25 AM

Sorry double posting....have wanted to get something to protect my fingers from burns also....discovered these the other day...
Old 10-21-2011, 11:22 AM

About 6 weeks ago I burned my forearm trying to reach around my iron. Duh! My arm isn't that long. LOL

Of course after I got some silver sulfadine (sp?) from the doctor, then I found out that egg whites are supposed to do the same thing. It's worth a try.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:00 PM

If you use silverdene/sulfadine make sure that you are not allergic to sulfa drugs. It's a common allergy (I have it).
Old 10-21-2011, 12:17 PM

I just recently burnt my fingers (two) with my iron and I ran to the freezer and put an ice cube on them, then I dried them and smeared on a little butter(not margarine). First when I applied the butter it hurt for a few minutes, then stopped and I applied bandaids on the fingers to keep the butter on and in place. Later when I removed the bandaids I was amazed.....no blisters.....no red or burn marks.....they were completely healed. It really worked!! I had heard the butter works...and I had heard that butter is the worst thing to put on a burn.....but it absolutely worked for me!
Hope your burn heals as quickly!! Take care!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:31 PM

Egg whites are recommended by Paramedics....it is something in the collegan......
Old 10-21-2011, 12:55 PM

YES!! I burned my hand in the kitchen frying pork chops one Sunday and some friends of ours who came for dinner told me to put PURE Vanilla extract on the burn and it would take the burn out immeadiately. IT REALLY DID! Almost instantly! I had to reapply once and it was pain free even though it blistered up etc. I told a girl about it at work after she burnt her chest and legs at a tanning bed and she said it worked on that too! It has to be the pure stuff, not immitation. We keep it on hand always since then!
Originally Posted by DanaMargaret
I feel like I often get burned by my iron, despite how careful I try to be. Does anyone have any tried and true remedies that work to help the healing process? Thanks in advance!