Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Our Local Quilt Shop is closing !! >

Our Local Quilt Shop is closing !!

Our Local Quilt Shop is closing !!

Old 07-23-2011, 01:48 PM

Went to pick up my BOM today to discover my favorite LQS is closing next month and moving to Indiana. It's great for her since she'll be real close to her aging parents but her customers here in MI will miss her terribly. The MI economy beat her up pretty bad this past year so she decided to move her shop. So, as soon as she gets set up, I'll let those of you near her know. Deb is such an awesome mentor and incredible with designing quilts and helping to pick out fabrics. I am SO Bummed!!! But she's gotta do what's best for her and I wish her all the luck in the world !!

www.sewfunfabrics.com
Old 07-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

So sorry
Old 07-23-2011, 02:16 PM

So nice of you to help her get started in a new location by passing along her store name/info.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
So nice of you to help her get started in a new location by passing along her store name/info.
She is definitely worth the effort - I love watching her pick out fabrics for a customer --- amazing combiations. She's the one who helped me with the design and color choices for my son's quilt (my avatar). The grays around the star creates a 3D effect.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:58 PM

How interesting... My local quilt shop is also closing. Just went to her sale today and it was a nut house in there. Sure wish I would have had a little more cash on me though. The owner told me that the cost of fabric is getting to be too much and she cannot afford to keep her shop stocked enough. These are sad times a- comin and it's only going to get worse.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:05 PM

Vicki, please let me know when her relocated shop is open as well; I'm from Indiana and my Facebook friends list reads like a map of the state. I'll be happy to mention her shop!
Old 07-23-2011, 03:11 PM

Yes, I would like to know too!
Old 07-23-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by belmer
How interesting... My local quilt shop is also closing. Just went to her sale today and it was a nut house in there. Sure wish I would have had a little more cash on me though. The owner told me that the cost of fabric is getting to be too much and she cannot afford to keep her shop stocked enough. These are sad times a- comin and it's only going to get worse.
This current shop is actually an old house in a neighborhood where all the old homes are well-restored. I'm sure the house is close to 80 years old. She lived in the basement apartment so it wasn't too bad in that respect. Her new place will have a house in the front with a cottage house (her description) in the back where she's going to set up the shop and, if all goes well, offer retreats again.

She said it's off I-94 near Michigan City (don't remember exact city name).
Old 07-23-2011, 04:40 PM

So sorry to hear that. That is so nice of you to spread the word of where the new shop will be.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:55 AM

Update - Deb will be located in Chesterton, IN. Just east of Gary, right off I-94.

Her website will stay the same so those locally, you can watch for her opening there. She officially closes here in MI on 8/20.

www.sewfunfabrics.com