Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Our most embarrassing/funniest mistakes while quilting/sewing

Our most embarrassing/funniest mistakes while quilting/sewing

Howdy!
    Last night - out of the blue - a memory popped into my mind and it made me giggle. Last year I finished a quilt. I sewed the binding with the machine and didn't realize that there was no thread on the bobbin. So I was sewing round and round and round and it took about 10 minutes till I was wondering that something didn't worked as planned. Back then I was thinking, that I must have been a stupid geese. Today it is a very funny memory.

So, what are your most embrassing/funniest/weird mistakes while quilting/sewing? Please share them!

having a ruffling border
    sewing something on the back that isn't suppose to be there
    i blush...

somehow I stitched my shirt into a seam once....did I mention while I was TEACHING a class! Lifted up the project and up came my shirt!
    http://www.appalachianquilts.blogspot.com
    http://www.quiltweb.net

Sewing blocks together one was wrong way.Did this ALMOST 3 times Same Block for goodness sake

I was creating a bag (just my own little version of the bowtucks) and finished, thinking "wow, I really like that". Then went to change everything over from my other bag and realized I had sewn one side of the lining, pockets and all, upside down! I wasn't exactly laughing though....my seam ripper and I had quite the conversation that morning!

I made a quilt for my DILs mother who is a friend of mine. The day I gave it to her (it was a suprize ) her mother was here with her. She was thrilled! As she spread it out on my sofa to see the whole quilt I noticed that I had sewn one side of the binding on backwards! I was so embaressed and said I would fix it. She said I shouldn't change a thing! She loved it as it was. Now I see it every time I go to her house.
    Mary

Sewing through my thumb. I don't remember the particulars, but I do remember seeing thread coming out of my thumb nail and my husband calling the nurse helpline to see what to do about it. Not my best moment.

I was BOM chairman for our quilt guild and when showing a few sample blocks at a board meeting I realized I had sewn a section of one of the blocks in backward order, so it didn't make the flower design intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Me... View Post
    somehow I stitched my shirt into a seam once....did I mention while I was TEACHING a class! Lifted up the project and up came my shirt!
    lol, sounds like something I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkcastle View Post
    Sewing through my thumb. I don't remember the particulars, but I do remember seeing thread coming out of my thumb nail and my husband calling the nurse helpline to see what to do about it. Not my best moment.
    Oh that hurts to think about it.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast