Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Our Pacific Fabrics is Going Out of Business in Puyallup, WA! Anyone elses?

I just heard today that the LQS in Brownsville, Oregon had closed. Very sad!

Quote Originally Posted by quilttiludrop
    I just heard today that the LQS in Brownsville, Oregon had closed. Very sad!
    Oh My.. this is getting depressing

It is a loss when any quilt shop or fabric store closes. Not all stores carry the same fabric lines and collections.

Blog Entries
    grugirl
    Try our quilt store in Yelm called Gee Gee's I think it is a nice as pacific. Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by medots
    grugirl
    Try our quilt store in Yelm called Gee Gee's I think it is a nice as pacific. Just my opinion
    I shop at Gee Gee's all the time. They have a much larger selection I believe. It is not that I don't go there, it is that I like a HUGE choice of shops. Every shop carries such different lines of even the same designer that another shop may not. I love choice and when one shop closes it limits my choices. I suppose I will become more of an online shopper like others. I just like to finger my fabric before I buy.

Hey Everyone,

I work for Pacific Fabrics and wanted to assure you that the Puyallup store is the ONLY one closing. We have lost the lease on the store to a national company and are SO sad. We have to be out by June 1st and just found out right after the Sewing Expo. We still have 5 more stores, including Bremerton if that helps. (Nothing in Bellingham, sorry.) You can find locations on our site at www.pacificfabrics.com. Thanks for your support!!!

How sad!

Banned
    I am sure we will see lots of closings in the month's to come. It is going to take real creativity for quilts shops to stay in business. I get bundles of batik from one source and they told me the price was going up 50 cents a yd. The trickle down effect will be devestating. Rather the trickle back effect will be devesting at all levels of manufacturing and shipping.

Banned
    There are 5 full line quilts shops in a 10 mile stretch of the road here. What is going to happen. Will the "$1.99 Fabric Store" have to change their name to "$2.99 Fabric Store" or more?

Sad news.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast