Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Our wal-mart is losing fabric :( >

Our wal-mart is losing fabric :(

Our wal-mart is losing fabric :(

Old 01-11-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
I just talked to the fabric lady tonight and it's official. They will be remodeling Feb/Mar and the fabric will be gone. :cry: I hope I can find a little $$ to stock up before then! Some of it is horrible, but some of it is very nice...
you better keep yourself updated about it or it will all be gone before you know forsure it is on sale. check with them daily.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:27 PM

am still alive and well and in the building after ours closed their fabric dept last april. It will be OK.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:30 PM

I shop at showlow walmart also in the summer time. So glad they kept the dept even if it is small.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:31 PM

Lucky, I missed our sale. My DH was sick for a month and when I went ther the next time it was all gone. happy shopping tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
I shop at showlow walmart also in the summer time. So glad they kept the dept even if it is small.
I shop in Show Low as well. I am glad they kept it too. Still quite small though
Old 01-12-2011, 02:50 AM

Our store was remodeled--they originally said they were closing the fabric dept. After 3,000 calls to the manager we have a very nice and large fabric dept. The problem so far is that don't keep it stocked---batting shelves have been empty for 6 weeks now. Hmmmmm?
Old 01-23-2011, 03:52 PM

I'm very puzzled. For months we heard that W'mart was discontinuing fabric . . . taking out of stores that were being remodeled etc. Then a few months ago, there were many posts saying that W'mart had experienced losses etc. and had also considered the many pleas of customers to retain their fabric departments and had decided to leave the fabrics in the stores it was still in and to be included in future remodeling plans. Also that it would eventually be put back in those from which it had been taken. One hardly knows what to think. We still have fabric in ours . . . however, the quality it greatly variable, and not necessarily by the way it's priced. The "hand" on it is quite different from bolt to bolt. I still occasionally buy a piece there, but unless they carried a full better line have to say I wouldn't miss it that much.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
I just talked to the fabric lady tonight and it's official. They will be remodeling Feb/Mar and the fabric will be gone. :cry: I hope I can find a little $$ to stock up before then! Some of it is horrible, but some of it is very nice...
Welcome to my world they have 5 Walmarts in our area. One the largest never carried fabric - another was remodeled 2 yrs ago - lost their fabric, third was remodeled this yr - fabric gone (brought back fat quarters only)- The one I go to all the time has been having clearance sales on their fabric - nothing much is left - they will start remodeling in a couple of months - The last one has tons of fabric - is about 30 miles (one way) from our house. Since my DH thinks that going 5 miles some place is a distance - we don't usually go up that way much -
Old 01-24-2011, 05:29 PM

I just some shopping in the Shreveport , LA walmart on I20 and have reduced pricing on thier fabric. I asked and the lady said they were remodeling and will discontinue fabric at this store in March....so I don't think Walmart is bring back fabric to any of their stores they have taken them away from....maybe precut pieces! :thumbdown: