Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Over Quilted??

Blog Entries
    Is there such a thing as too much quilting or is it a personal preference? I've noticed some quilts seem to have an abundance of quilting. IMHO it seems to compete with the quilt top design itself. Just curious on your thoughts.

difficult question!
    I think its partly personal preference....sometimes much quilting even makes the patchwork stronger in my point of vieuw.
    I sometimes use only a little quilting and another time I use a lot, all depends of which quiltpattern I like in combination with the patchwork so the total will be well balanced.

Blog Entries
    it really is personal preference.

Blog Entries
    yes, some quilts have so much quilting they are stiff as boards

Blog Entries
    I think it's a personal choice. I know on the quilt I recently finished ( http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-163152-1.htm ) that it couldn't have a lot of quilting on it. I believe it would have taken away from the pattern of the quilt itself it I would have done more.

Personal preference.....what ever floats your boat......I really don't think anything is right or wrong....unless of course you as the quilt police....but they are banded from this site....so it is what ever you think as the creater works for you.....you are the artist, you are the designer....some peoples will do this and some will do that....and some will sit down and do nothing at all.....