Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Overhead Projectors??? >

Overhead Projectors???

Overhead Projectors???

Old 10-07-2010, 06:08 AM

I use Corel paint shop pro software program to edit pictures, drawings etc to inlarge the pictures for quilting. Some other feature for Corel is you can add color to the blocks or remove it and I actually scan the fabric I am using and crop it to the size and shape and I can then see how it is going to look. I am a fine art artist, photographer, quilter, many crafts you name it I have done most. With this program I can enlarge as big as I want and print the full quilt pattern. There are lots of software out there that is cheaper then Corel and even free software such as Gimp but that is not as good of a program but it works okay. I have been using Corel for over 6 years and they just came out with a another new version. I just paid for the new upgrade that just came out and patently waiting for the disk to come in the mail. The new features to the program are fantastic! I don't know if it allowed on the board but I could offer to enlarge your patterns for you and just give me a free will donation of a quarter per pattern.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:11 AM

I was thinking about this...if you have one of the clear sewing tables you could put one of those battery operated lights under it. Then use the table to trace your pattern onto the transparencies.
Originally Posted by grapesky
Does anyone have any recommendations for what model/type of overhead projector works best for projecting my artwork on the wall for a semi large quilt? I want the edges to be sharp so I can trace them accurately - but don't want to spend more than I have too since I'm not projecting small text or anything like that. Any help is greatly appreciated : )