Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paducah,Paducah,Oh wonderful Paducah. >

Paducah,Paducah,Oh wonderful Paducah.

Paducah,Paducah,Oh wonderful Paducah.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:19 AM

Default Paducah,Paducah,Oh wonderful Paducah.

My DD and 4 friends and I were in Paducah for a whole week.Had such a good time.Shopped,looked at Quilts,went to Museum (was great ) Fabric Frenzy on Friday Morning (A new adventure ) and Ricky Tims Concert,ws absoloutely superb.Saw old friends,made new friends.If you are a quilter make time to go at least once.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:22 AM

I would love to go; it sounds like so much fun ... but so expensive too!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:25 AM

Our quilting guild sponsored a one day bus trip for $35. That gave us more cash for fabric and goodies.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:11 AM

My friend and I have already made plans to go next year! Can't wait!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:14 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I live in Oregon. Where is Paducah? And I know there is a quilt store there. Is it big? Is there a lot of quilt things there? Is the museum about quilts? How big is the town? I order from Paducah quite a bit, and I think it's back east, and I'm on the west coast, so I need to know more about the store to decide if I should plan a trip there. Someone tell me more!!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Oh, by the way, my avatar says "Sorry" because I'm always getting in trouble here for writing the wrong things. Me and my brain have no shut off valve.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

Did you take any pics ? Would love to see them

Paducah is in Kentucky
Old 05-03-2012, 09:50 AM

Paducah was the first town I believe to have a huge international show - could be why they call it the Quilt Capital. Even if you are not going to the show, if you happen to be in the area there are a number of things open year round, such as the Museum (which is a delight), Hancocks of Paducah and I know that Caryl Bryer Fallert has opened a shop/workshop in town also. I believe that Mary Ellen also has a shop there. Have been twice but not for a number of years, a group of us are hoping to get to go next year (friends in the area so finding a hotel will not be a problem).
Old 05-03-2012, 10:31 AM

I've been to Paducah to Hancock's and it's amazing. My sister and I have a trip planned (?) sometime in the future. That's at the top of the list for a vacation for us.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I live in Oregon. Where is Paducah? And I know there is a quilt store there. Is it big? Is there a lot of quilt things there? Is the museum about quilts? How big is the town? I order from Paducah quite a bit, and I think it's back east, and I'm on the west coast, so I need to know more about the store to decide if I should plan a trip there. Someone tell me more!!
Hi there!

Paducah IS quilts! If you go, it's only about 2,000 miles from you, an "easy" plane ride. Lots of fun...when I lived in Memphis, I went every year...then we moved to SC...sigh...anyway, Paducah is in Kentucky, right on the river and lots of fun to visit any time. The Quilt Museum was really interesting when I visited and I'm sure there are a lot more
attractions than there were "back then". Plan t trip...it's one of the best things you'll do for yourself!