Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Painters tape

Blog Entries
    I love the blue tape!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Re the colour discussion ... ours in Canada is green, and comes in assorted widths.

I do use it with no problems ... just be careful when peeling it off the fabric as you can pull off a lot of threads pretty fast. Not good!! So, slow and steady is best.

One problem that I've had ..... when pulling off a length, it often tears off in midstream. I thought it was a bad roll, but no, the new one is just the same problem. Any suggestions?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've used painters tape for years, never had a problem with residue.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

Blog Entries
    Blue painters tape doesn't leave a residue but I have found that masking tape does. I would caution if you use masking tape to test it first; I've had masking tape that was very sticky due to the conditions it had been subjected to (i.e. hot garage, car, or just simply being "old").
    Joyce

I keep the blue painter's tape in my sewing room and use it as others have said. I wouldn't be without it. It was left on one of my quilt projects for several months....I had no problems removing it and there was no residue. The cheaper masking tapes aren't as sticky but I wouldn't use them unless it was just for a short time. My husband has what I think is called drafter's masking tape that I've used that in a pinch...not sticky at all...probably expensive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3