Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pam Bono Club >

Pam Bono Club

Pam Bono Club

Old 06-15-2011, 08:03 AM

On a post this a.m. regarding Pam Bono's patterns there was mention of her club. I went to her website to read about it. Could I have some feed back on how anyone feels about belong to it? Is it worth the registration fee? It sounds great, but just wonder if you feel you do get benefit from it. Thanks in advance
Old 06-15-2011, 12:43 PM

You can look through her patterns before you join and see if there are that many you would benifit from, she offers them all to members at 60% off . You can see member and non-member prices . There are also several free patterns to members.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:06 PM

I have been a member for a couple of months now, and have actually made about 5 of her 12" blocks. I just happened to go to the site this morning to see if there was anything new since last week, and there were 9 new blocks on there under something like "New Techniques" after I looked at it and downloaded some of them they are traditional blocks that many of us had made before that use triangle squares, which I really don't like to do. She has redesigned the blocks without triangle squares, and it made so much sense I wondered why nobody had ever thought of it before. Pretty much every week there has been something new added, whether a new pattern, or video. I can tell you that they obviously work hard keeping us supplied with new things. Already there is more free stuff on the site than I think I could ever make (I'm 62, hopefully I have at least another 20 yrs behind my machine. Praise God!) Anyway, I think it's definitely worth the price. The membership is actually less than what 3 patterns would cost at Joanne's. I've already made my moneys worth. Hope that helps.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by janequilter
I have been a member for a couple of months now, and have actually made about 5 of her 12" blocks. I just happened to go to the site this morning to see if there was anything new since last week, and there were 9 new blocks on there under something like "New Techniques" after I looked at it and downloaded some of them they are traditional blocks that many of us had made before that use triangle squares, which I really don't like to do. She has redesigned the blocks without triangle squares, and it made so much sense I wondered why nobody had ever thought of it before. Pretty much every week there has been something new added, whether a new pattern, or video. I can tell you that they obviously work hard keeping us supplied with new things. Already there is more free stuff on the site than I think I could ever make (I'm 62, hopefully I have at least another 20 yrs behind my machine. Praise God!) Anyway, I think it's definitely worth the price. The membership is actually less than what 3 patterns would cost at Joanne's. I've already made my moneys worth. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the feedback. There are so many clubs you can join, I was just wondering how people felt about this one. Think I will give it a try

:thumbup:
Old 07-14-2011, 07:19 AM

I personnally love Pam Bono designs, but there are small pieces in most. The last one I made had 1x1 inch squares!!! Try one of her free patterns and see how you like it. The patterns look complicated, but if you follow the directions carefully and stay organized you will have a gorgeous finished quilt. The price of the memebership is really great if you like her patterns. I would recommend the patterns to everyone, but that's just me lol!!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-226249.jpe